Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's a...

During an ultrasound exam late last week, we were given a sneak peek between the legs of our little Twinkies.  This first look told us that I am carrying one little girl and one little boy.  With our anatomy scan scheduled for December 8th, we decided to hold off on announcing the genders of the babies until we had confirmation from a more thorough examination. 

Upon second glance, it was confirmed that we are indeed expecting a girl and a boy in May 2012!  To make the announcement of our news, I tested my patience and destroyed my kitchen in baking and decorating nearly 40 cupcakes to deliver to co-workers, friends, and family members.  Twenty of those cupcakes were marked with the letter A and were filled with pink frosting, while the remaining twenty were marked with a B and filled with blue frosting. 

Over the last two days, Jim and I have both had fun watching others take bites into these cupcakes to discover the genders of the twins.  Today, we delivered cupcakes to my mom before joining Jim's family members at the annual Christmas cookie extravaganza, where Rachael and Kayleigh were happy to assist with the reveal. 

Thank you to all who have been a part of our fun little reveal!  I've said it before, but I'll say it again - our little cupcakes will be surrounded by lots of love!


PINK filling for Baby A


BLUE filling for Baby B



Kayleigh and Rachael were happy to help reveal the colors hidden inside the cupcakes!

It's a girl!

It's a boy!

The proof is in the filling!

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

What a fun and clever way to announce it! And how special for you guys!! So exciting and congrats again! :)

Post a Comment