Because so many of us were getting slimed, we needed to keep things interesting for the students by changing the "slime" for each teacher. A few weeks ago, those of us who would be slimed met to discuss our plans for the assembly. During our meeting, we suggested sliming materials and chose the slime that we would be poured on our heads. When I suggested chocolate pudding, the P.T.O. representative asked if I would be willing to be slimed with chocolate pudding. I agreed, not truly thinking through the repercussions of that decision.
After watching my colleagues get slimed with feathers, water, and Gatorade and after I was slimed with chocolate pudding, I now realize that I quite possibly chose the worst "slime". Yes, it tasted good (When it splattered on the floor in front of me, a few of the students in attendance dipped their fingers in it and ate it!), and yes, it smelled good (The teachers that were slimed with mud didn't smell so great!), but boy, was it messy! I made a giant mess of the bathroom adjacent to the gym while trying to clean myself up (I'm sure that the janitors were happy with me!), and I wound up throwing all of the clothes that I wore into the trash!
As soon as the school day ended, I left school and raced home to take a shower. I left a brown pudding ring around the tub! As messy as it was, though, I think that I preferred being slimed at a 1-hour long assesmbly over spending a cold, sleepless night on the roof! I would do either again, however, to reward our students and families for bringing so much money to our school!
![]() |
| Another teacher had lended me a pair of goggles. When I put them on, I realized I couldn't see anything! I made the last-second decision to go without them for the sliming. |
![]() |
| What a mess! |










0 comments:
Post a Comment