Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getaway

Jim and I spent this past Thursday and Friday at the Kalahari Waterpark Resort in Wisconsin Dells. It was just the break that we both needed from our busy lives. We didn't do much; in fact, we spent most of our time reading next to the fireplace in our suite. I finished a book, and Jim nearly finished two books (That boy is a speed reader, I tell you!). We did spend a couple hours going down slides at the waterpark on Thursday night (Don't worry; we'll spare you any pictures of us in our swim suits!). It's a good thing that we went swimming just after arriving at the resort, for we stuffed ourselves with food, wine, and beer from that point forward! On Thursday night, we ate like champs at one of our favorites in the Dells, The Pizza Pub. On Friday, we noshed on appetizers in the room before traveling to Prairie du Sac to visit The Wollersheim Winery for a tasting. A few glasses of wine later, we were back on the road to return to the Dells area. We stopped to browse the shops at The Tanger Outlet Mall and to check out the activities in the Kalahari Indoor Theme Park. When we stumbled upon the cosmic bowling alley, we decided to bowl a game. We don't bowl, so it wasn't pretty. However, I am proud to say that I beat Jim by about 10 points. Sheer luck. After working up a hunger on the alley, Jim and I indulged in the delectable food at Field's Steak House at the Wilderness. We were headed back home to Waukesha by Saturday at noon.

It was a short-lived getaway, yes (We would have preferred a trip down to Mexico or to Spring Training), but it will hopefully help us to return to work tomorrow rejuvenated and ready for the weeks ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment