Today's Good Eats recipe is yet another keeper from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes 2. Many of the recipes in Sandra Lee's slow cooker cookbooks require cooking times of 4 to 10 hours. Because I don't trust my current crockpot to cook meals unsupervised, I have been limited to the meals that I can make from Lee's cookbooks. So far, I've stuck to the meals that can cook in under 4 hours. This meal, however, required about 4 hours of cooking time. I made it on a Sunday on which Jim or I would be in the house to watch over the meal. It was definitely worth the longer cooking time.
I know that I need to get a new crockpot, but I keep putting it off. Until then, I'll have to try out recipes that require longer cooking times (like this one) on the weekends.
Recipe for: Cheddar-Beer Chicken
From: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes 2
Ingredients:
1 large onion, peeled and diced large
1 package (16 oz.) diced red potatoes, Reser's
1 cup frozen diced green pepper, Pictsweet
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt, McCormick
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 can (10 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup, Campbell's
3/4 cup Bass Ale
3/4 cup bacon crumbles, Hormel
Fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
Directions:
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine onion, potatoes, and green peppers.
2. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables.
3. In a small bowl, stir together cheddar soup, Bass Ale, and bacon crumbles. Pour over chicken.
4. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment