Ahh, Pinterest, what did I do without you? I have found so many good recipes via www.pinterest.com since I discovered the site this summer! I'm telling you...you've got to get on Pinterest!!!
I pinned this recipe for Chicken Enchilada Soup weeks ago, thinking that it would make a perfect meal on a chilly fall evening...and it did! I made this soup this afternoon and set it to cook in the crock pot until dinner time. Served with avocado, pepper jack cheese, sour cream, and cilantro, this soup made a warm, hearty meal! Best of all, enough of the soup remains for leftovers tomorrow night!
Recipe for: Chicken Enchilada Soup
From: www.tastykitchen.com (via www.pinterest.com)
Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 package (10 oz.) frozen corn
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed Cream of Chicken soup
1 1/2 cup milk
2 whole chicken breasts
1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
Directions:
1. In a 3 1/2 to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker. Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken back into the soup. Top with pepper jack cheese and serve. The soup can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and/or crushed tortilla chips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment