Monday, October 24, 2011

Watchdog

Did you know that Bailey has a very important job to do?  In addition to ridding our floors of crumbs (but adding tumbleweeds of hair), Bailey earns his keep by maintaining constant watch on the sidewalks in front of our house.  You just don't know who might cross the path in front of our home!  Bailey can often be found at the front windows, which happen to be at a perfect height for him to comfortably stare out of.  If someone should have the audacity to pass our home, watch out - Bailey will be there, front paws on the windowsill and head thrown back into an incessant howl. 

I caught up with the watchdog while he was on one of his recent afternoon shifts.  After sitting with the beagle for 15 minutes, I can tell you that being a dog is hard work! It demands more focus than you would imagine.  Take a look...

Someone just might pass by, and I need to be here to warn them that this is MY territory!

Ooh!  I think someone's coming!  How dare they?

False alarm. 


That's right, people...Stay away from my house!

Hey!  I'm workin' here!

Being a watchdog is hard work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment