Saturday, January 21, 2012

Wreath-O-Rama

With Jim out of town this week, I played Hostess with the Mostess to the bimonthly gathering of our craft club on Tuesday night.  After preparing for the event for weeks (Who knew it would be so difficult to find an adequate supply of styrofoam balls?), I was anxious for the club to come over and get their craft on!

Overall, the night was a huge success!  At the end of a late night filled with a fair share of ball jokes, everyone walked away with a wreath that they were happy with.  I underestimated the amount of yarn we would need, but thankfully, others brought their own yarn to work with! 

Now that I've hosted a meeting, I *think* I'm off the hook for hosting again until next year, which is a good thing.  I do hope to continue crafting, though.  It's just good, plain fun! 

I gathered all of the necessary materials on our kitchen table...


Some of us were better at wrapping balls than others; here, Amy expertly wraps while Veronica works on untying a knot.

Check out all those balls!

Melanie puts the finishing touches on a yarn ball.

Amy's finished product

Melanie's wreath

Becky's wreath

Veronica's wreath

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

Those turned out awesome!!!

Post a Comment