Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Eve 2011


Wow!  We're already one week into the new year!  It's been a busy one for us, which I believe to be an indicator of how the rest of 2012 will be! 

Just as we had done last year, we rang in the new year with friends Chris and Mike in our basement.  And just as it did last year, it got a little goofy as the night wore on.  Being completely sober this year allowed me to fully appreciate just how goofy it got!  Chris told me that she deleted many of the pictures documenting such silliness, but you'll be happy to know that I have preserved them and have posted them here for you all to see!

It was only appropriate that we rang in the new year in such a fashion - I'm fairly certain that New Year's Eve 2012 will be just a *little* different with two seven month-olds in the house!  Happy New Year!

Bailey obliges for the mandatory New Year's party hat picture.

The evening started out innocent enough - party hats, noisemakers, snacks, and conversation.

Bailey quickly became the party pooper.

...and here's where it started to get a little goofy.  Shots.

Chris performed her traditional NYE dance routine.

Here, she shows that she, alone, polished off an entire bottle of red wine.

Not sure what to say about this one.

Taking full advantage of my sobriety in the midst of such drunkenness, I challenged Chris and Mike to moving cookies down their faces from their foreheads into their mouths without using their hands.  After a few attempts, Mike was successful!

Chris?  Not so much. 

1 comments:

Mtbkr said...

I can't believe you put your freinds and husband on blast like that...but thanks for doing so...I got some good laughs! Also, I don't know what to say about that pic of Jim either...he looks like he's a little mad and zoning out at the same time!

Post a Comment