On Tuesday, April 17th, Jim and I welcomed our precious pair into the world! With loud, beautiful cries and a full head of dark hair, Madeline Rae made her entrance at 10:18 a.m. She weighed 6 lbs. 1 oz. and measured 19 inches long at birth. While nursing staff kept her busy, Maddie's brother, William Edward made his own unique entrance into the world. He exited the womb with a steady stream of urine that targeted an assisting doctor and continued to flow on the warming table! Will weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz. and measured 19 3/4 inches long at birth. They were the perfect babies for whom we had been wishing, waiting, planning, and praying.
Over the following four days, we got to know our two little peas in a pod as we also introduced them to the family members and friends who had been awaiting their arrival. We quickly learned that while they may be twins, they are two unique, wonderful individuals with their own appearances and behaviors. We are anxious to see how their similarities and differences continue to blossom as they grow.
Thank you to all of our family members and friends who have prayed for us and the safe delivery of our beautiful babies. Their birthday went as smoothly as it could have possibly gone. Jim and I consider ourselves very lucky to call ourselves their parents.
Happy birthday, little ones! We have fallen head-over-heels in love with you!
 |
| It is unbelievable to think that Maddie and Will began their day in my belly! |
 |
| Bailey spent his last day as our only child at Camp Bowwow. I'm sure that he shared the news of the expected arrival of his brother and sister with all of his furry friends! |
 |
| We arrived at the hospital at 8:00 a.m., checked into Labor and Delivery, were shown to our room, and began to prepare for surgery! |
 |
| Just minutes to go before becoming a daddy... |
 |
| Maddie was the first to emerge from the womb. Before she made her appearance, the doctor said that she could see a lot of dark hair...she wasn't kidding! |
 |
| Just a minute later, our beautiful baby boy was held up for us to see. |
 |
| Maddie weighed in at 6 lbs. 1 oz. |
 |
| Proud daddy cut Will's cord...I was proud of daddy, too! I think that I would have been shaking too hard to accomplish such a task! |
 |
| Will weighed in at 6 lbs. 7 oz. He must have consumed more of the many bowls of Ben and Jerry's ice cream that I had eaten than Maddie did! |
 |
| Our bundles of joy! |
 |
| Whew! Being born is tiring! |
 |
| Happy mama! |
3 comments:
Congratulations X 2, Becky! I am so excited and happy for you. Your babies are beautiful. Please let me know if you need any help in the days to come. I've got some experience with infant twins :)
~Mindy
Congrats Becky and Jim! They are absolutely beautiful and your days are only going to get better and better! :)
Great post...loved seeing the sequence of events leading up to the twins birth...great delivery room pictures!
Post a Comment