Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Heads!

On Saturday, Jim and I decided to take the babies on an excursion to Mayfair Mall.  Looking back, I'm not sure why we thought this was a good idea.  I think it started simple enough:  A trip to Crate and Barrel to buy a few chrome baskets to use in organizing our pantry.  Of course, I had to complicate matters by determining that if we were going to go all the way to the mall that I must make a trip to the babyGap store INSIDE the mall.  I must have been wearing my Bad Idea Jeans.

In the end, our shopping adventure wasn't THAT bad.  We didn't have to park THAT far away or fight through TOO many crowds.  I did have to put up with some obnoxious patrons inside of babyGap, but the purchases that I made there were worth the annoyance.  I found two (the last two!) knit pumpkin hats PERFECT for Maddie and Will, though they were marked several sizes too large.  They seemed to run small and were on sale, so I risked that they wouldn't fit until next year and bought them!  Maddie, with the abnormally large Burch head, fills out her hat nicely, while Will's is just a tad too big and keeps sliding down his head, which he thinks is hilarious, of course. 

I guess that I'm glad that we went to the mall on Saturday when I look at these pictures.  I just doubt that we'll be returning any time soon. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment