At our last appointment, our pediatrician gave us the go-ahead to begin feeding Maddie and Will solids. With the recently released studies on the high levels of arsenic in rice and rice products, we decided to skip rice cereal and proceed straight to oatmeal, which I've read tastes better and causes less constipation (not that we have ANY problems with that in this house!). This past Sunday, seated in their matching high chair seats and outfitted in coordinating bibs, the twins received their first spoonfuls of "solid" food. Neither Maddie nor Will took to the oatmeal with enthusiasm; in fact, their reactions conveyed pure confusion and repulsion! Most of the few spoonfuls that I coaxed into their mouths wound up on their chins and bibs. Jim and I quickly learned that there was no need to make two bowls of oatmeal for the babies, as neither baby would take much.
Just a few days later, however, Will is now devouring nearly an entire bowl of oatmeal on his own, opening his mouth for each bite and even grabbing the spoon! Maddie still doesn't have much interest in eating; she even turns her head away from the spoon in defiance! She'll come around eventually...Jim and I couldn't have produced a child who doesn't like to eat!
 |
| "What's going on? Why am I sitting in this chair? What's going to happen?" |
 |
| "I don't know what we're doing in these chairs, but I think I like it!" |
 |
| "What just happened? What was that stuff?" |
 |
| Nom, nom, nom! |
 |
| "Oatmeal makes me laugh!" |
 |
| "I don't know about that oatmeal stuff...I think I'll just stick to eating my crunchy block!" |
0 comments:
Post a Comment