Monday, February 25, 2013

Project 365: Week Eight

Let me tell you right up front:  I didn't diversify my photography subjects as I had aimed to this week.  My life really doesn't extend far from home and the two ten-month olds that rule the roost these days, so they are the stars of this week's photos once again.  Will, specifically, took the spotlight in many of this week's pictures...which I, as a mother to twins, feel guilty about.  I try to even things out as much as possible (If I buy an outfit for one, I have to buy an outfit for the other...If I give one kisses, I have to give the other kisses...If I hold one, I feel like I should hold the other...), but sometimes it doesn't work that way.  It surely didn't work that way this week - poor Maddie is featured in just ONE of the seven photos taken.  When I look back at ALL of the pictures taken thus far this year, however, I see that I have taken 16 pictures of Maddie and 17 pictures of Will.  Pretty close!  Who I should truly feel badly for is Bailey, who has only been shown in 4 pictures!  If getting his picture taken means more baths (see below), I think Bailey would prefer to stay out of the spotlight!

50/365:  French Door Reflection

We have recently decided to keep the French doors between our living room and den closed to keep Maddie and Will away from the fireplace, remote controls, and the books and frames on the bookshelf.  I was sitting on the floor near the French doors on Tuesday morning when I saw Will's reflection.  He was standing at the living room windows waving at the people that may or may not have been passing in their cars.   

51/365:  Wet Dog

Bailey had a serious funk about him on Wednesday.  A SERIOUS funk.  He smelled so badly that, for a few seconds, I contemplated opening the windows to allow fresh, FREEZING air in.  Instead, I decided to give him a bath while the kiddos were napping.  Poor dog.  He rarely gets to leave the confines of his crate during the day, and the one time that he does...I throw him in the tub.  It did the trick, though - he smells MUCH better!

52/365:  Mama and Son

I don't often appear in pictures with Maddie and Will.  I'm usually too busy clicking away behind the camera to get in front of it for a pose or two.  Someday, though, I'll regret that I wasn't in more pictures with them.  I took this picture by setting the camera on the couch and holding him in my arms. 

53/365:  Book Browsing

There is no shortage of books around here!  While Maddie and Will like to hold and chew on books, they don't sit still to listen to books like they once did.  I've begun to read to them while they are strapped into their high chairs just to save myself from struggling to keep them in one place while I try to read a book to them.  Here, Will browses through the collection of books that we have in a bin in the living room. 

54/365:  Boots with the Fur

When Maddie crawled into the front hallway toward my boots on Saturday, I decided to put her in them and snap a few pictures.  She really didn't seem to mind; she actually laughed quite a bit at the feel of the fur on her skin.  I laughed quite a bit at the sight of her in my gigantic boots!

55/365:  Having a Ball

Jim and I needed to get out of the house on Saturday afternoon, but with two 10-month olds in tow, we're limited to destinations!  We wound up at BuyBuy Baby, where we stocked up on some essentials and picked up some "fun" purchases, too!  On Sunday, Will got a chance to play with the ball that we brought home.  I think it's clear that he had a ball with his new ball!

56/365:  Messy Face

It's no secret that Will likes him some food.  The boy likes to eat!  Apparently, he likes to wear his food, too!  I just had to take a picture of him with yogurt all over his face and Cheerios sticking to his bib after breakfast this morning.  What a little pig!

0 comments:

Post a Comment