Six weeks into this project, and photography is taking hold of me! I have found that I am now looking at everything with a photographer's eye, always searching for a potential photo. With all of the fresh, beautiful snow this week, it was difficult to carry on with my daily responsibilities without the opportunity to capture it in pictures! Life gets in the way sometimes, you know?
Manual mode still eludes me in some situations (Damn you, low lighting!), but I continued to practice in the manual setting this week. When we took the twins out into the snow on Saturday, though, I just couldn't risk that the pictures would turn out to dark or blurry, so I "cheated" and shot in automatic. I figured that their first experience in the snow was not the time to practice my photography!
 |
36/365: Daddy's Home!
I was getting the twins ready for bed in their nursery on Tuesday night when Jim got home. Upon hearing his daddy's voice, Will crawled to the gate to greet him. |
 |
37/365: Nosey Neighbor
Both Maddie and Will spend a lot of time at our living room windows. They LOVE to stand at them, looking out at our front yard, our street, and the houses that line it. The windowsills are at just the perfect height for them to do so. Here, Maddie takes a peek out the window to see what's going on outside. |
 |
38/365: {Grubby} Mirror, {Grubby} Mirror, On the Wall...
These days, one has to look past the fingerprints and other marks when using the full-length mirror in our bedroom. The culprit? Miss Maddie, who likes to sit/stand in front of the mirror after she wakes from her naps, taken in the Pack n' Play in our room. Of course, I sit her in front of the mirror and sit by as she grubs it up, but it's worth it just to see smiles like the one captured above. |
 |
39/365: Winter Wonderland
After Thursday's snowfall left trees coated in white, I was just itchin' to get outside with my camera. Unfortunately, I had to work on Friday. The closest that I came to capturing the beautiful winter scenery was to use the camera on my phone while pulled over on the side of the road to take a picture of this barn near our subdivision. It looked so pretty sihoetted against the snow. I must say, the picture isn't all that bad for one taken from the car on my way to school! |
 |
40/365: First Snow Adventure
Will took to the snow like he does most other things - with a smile! He enjoyed Saturday's journey out into the snow FAR more than his sister did! |
 |
41/365: Got Your Nose!
Maddie has an obsession with grabbing at Jim's face, and specifically, his nose. She doesn't do it to me or anyone else quite like she does to her daddy. It *might* have something to do with the fact that her daddy reacts in a way that she wants to do it again and again! |
 |
42/365: Last Day of Helmet Therapy
Today is Will's last day in the helmet that he wore over the last twelve weeks to correct his misshapen head! Tomorrow morning, Jim and I will take Will to the clinic for the "exit photos" that mark the end of helmet therapy! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment