The fifth week of Project 365 came to a close today, and much like last week, this week posed its challenges: We didn't venture very far outside the house once again, Jim was out of town last week (so I was down a potential subject), and I was limited to the hours during which I could take pictures because of work (It always gets in the way!). But, all that aside, I was able to take a picture every day, AND I practiced taking some of the photos in Manual mode. I'd like to think that I'm getting better, but certain scenarios still stump me. Low lighting and rapid, unpredictable infant movement are my two biggest foes. I can't seem to avoid a blur! I recently cracked open a few of the photography books that I had purchased; I'll have to consult them for some answers!
In the meantime, here is Week Five...
 |
29/365: Pigeon
One of my favorite children's book authors is Mo Willems, who happened to be January's Author of the Month in our classroom. Last Tuesday night, I had drawn a picture of one of Willems' most entertaining characters, Pigeon. The next day, we completed a character analysis of Pigeon and labeled the poster with words to describe him. |
 |
30/365: No Thank You!
Early in the week, I began to introduce the babies to some "table foods" - cottage cheese, yogurt, mashed bananas, and mashed avocado. As you may be able to tell, Maddie did not take to these new foods well. She did everything that she could to keep that spoon from entering her mouth! It took her several days to come around to the idea of eating anything other than pureed Gerber meals, but she is now accepting (and seems to be enjoying) diced avocado, cottage cheese, yogurt, and diced pears! She will even take small, broken pieces of Gerber Puffs!
And Will? He eats it all! |
 |
31/365: Vroom, Vroom!
Matt, Sue, and Dakota gave the twins the Playskool Walk n' Ride seen above. Maddie and Will have tried to use it to walk, but aren't quite grasping the idea of taking steps yet. So, even though the toy is meant to convert to a ride-on toy after it has been used for walking, we have "cheated" and turned it into a car on which the babies enjoy "riding" (aka getting pushed around the house by Mama or Daddy). Maddie loves to open and close the "hood" and to shift between gears! |
 |
32/365: Finger Painting
With Jim due to arrive back home from his trip to the Netherlands on Friday afternoon, I made my first attempt at finger painting with the twins on Friday morning to create a sign to welcome him home. I quickly learned why, when our nanny allowed the twins to do some finger painting a few weeks ago, she stripped the babies down to their diapers. I mistakenly thought that some large T-shirts would cover and protect the twins' clothing. I also discovered what a mistake it was to do the painting on the floor! Will would have crawled right over and through the paint if I had allowed him to! In the end, the babies and I created a sign that welcomed Daddy home and brought a smile to his face. |
 |
33/365: Bath Time!
After initially HATING them, the twins have come around to baths - except for the rinsing of their hair. Here, Will enjoys a soak in the tub while munching on a bath toy. |
 |
34/365: Dessert Date
While the twins were in the care of their Mimi and Papa, Jim and I enjoyed a dessert date at one of our favorites - The Gingerbread House. We indulged in a chocolate cupcake and some coffee while enjoying some time to ourselves before heading back out into the cold to run a few errands and to pick up a Superbowl dinner of wings and subs. |
 |
35/365: These Dogs are Barkin'
I was pressed for time - and photographs - today. I didn't capture any shots this morning, and the few that I took shortly after I returned home after school didn't turn out. I shot this picture of Will's adorable puppy feet while he drank his bedtime bottle. He doesn't often keep these feet still, but the best chance at catching them at a rest is while he's eating/drinking! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment