Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Project 365: Week Twenty-Five

The twenty-fifth week of Project 365 brought sunny days spent in the backyard, a trip to a local festival, and some water fun!  To our delight, Dakota joined us for the week.  She was a big help when one of the twins dropped a sippy cup or when I need her to "keep an eye on" one twin while I was in another room with the other.  Will certainly enjoyed his cousin's company - they are two silly peas in a pod!  I think that they all wore each other out!  I know I slept well each night! 

The twenty-fifth week ended with a busy weekend filled with the twins' first swim class, a trip to Cedarburg for the annual strawberry festival, and a HOT Brewers game! 

169/365:  Perseverance

During Tuesday afternoon's nap time, Dakota asked if she could work on the stained glass art project that Sue had packed for her to complete during the week.  The first stickers took some time for Dakota to place, so we set a goal for her to put 20 stickers in position before we moved on to another activity.  Yet Dakota blew by that goal of 20 stickers and eventually finished the project in one sitting.  She must have sat for about an hour working on that stained glass artwork!  I didn't know it was possible for her to sit still that long! 

170/365:  Under the Tree

On Wednesday morning, we headed outside for snack.  While the twins napped, Dakota and I prepared a snack and packed  a bag with toys, sunscreen and water.  We put everything in place before waking the twins (Dakota loved waking up the twins from their naps), changing their diapers (Would you believe Dakota did not help to change a single diaper?!?), and bringing them outside to enjoy a little picnic before playing in the play house.

171/365:  Surprise Splash!

The twins received a water table for their birthday, but until last week, it hadn't been warm enough to open and assemble it.  During Thursday morning's nap time, I put the table together so that Dakota and the twins could play in it before lunch time.  When we finally made it outside after changing diapers, applying sunscreen, and putting on swimsuits, it took the twins a few minutes to notice the table.  Dakota, however, wasted no time in getting wet, dumping scoopfuls of cold water over her head again and again until her hair was dripping with water!  After soaking herself, she moved on to Will.  Asking first if she could do so, Dakota poured water over Will's head.  Much to my surprise, Will did not cry when she did so.  In fact, he liked it! 

172/365:  Bearded  Baby

The babies LOVE bubbles no matter where they are found!  In the bathtub, we often play with the bubbles by putting them on each other's heads and noses (Yes, I play along with them!).  Maddie likes to EAT the bubbles by scooping handfuls of them up to her mouth.  She had just finished devouring a bunch of bubbles when I caught her with this bubble beard! Silly girl!

173/365:  Daddy and His Little Strawberry Shortcake

Saturday was a big day for us.  It started - early - with the twins' first swim class.  After recovering from class for a few hours at home, we decided to head to Cedarburg for the annual strawberry festival, hoping that the crowds had dissipated late in the day.  We spent about an hour walking the festival grounds, which was just enough time for Maddie and Will to get a taste for the festival and for us to pick up some kettle corn, almond tea, and strawberry shortcake.  As if the day hadn't already been long enough, we dragged Maddie and Will out for pizza at The Mequon Pizza Company, formerly known as Tomaso's of Mequon.  The twins seemed to enjoy the pizza there just as much  as we do!

174/365:  Brush, Brush, Brush!

We have recently started to brush the twins' teeth before they go to bed.  I wish that I got as jazzed as they do to brush my own teeth.  They LOVE to brush their teeth!  So much so, in fact, that the twin who has to wait in the bedroom for his/her turn often stands at the baby gate screaming and crying until it is his/her chance to brush!

175/365:  That Smile

...It gets me every time!  Will was chillin' in his chair on Monday afternoon when I caught this adorable smirk.  We've been working on keeping the pacifier in the crib so that we can see and enjoy this smile more often!



0 comments:

Post a Comment