Monday, June 24, 2013

Project 365: Week Twenty-Four

The twenty-fourth week of 2013 opened with our first day of summer vacation and closed with our trip home from Door County.   In the few days between, there was LOTS of outdoor play!  I predict that nothing but dirt will remain of the grass surrounding the twins' play house by the end of the summer!  
 
162/365:  Barefoot in the Grass

When the twins first played in their play house, they didn't venture too far away from it.  But Maddie and Will have gradually grown more accustomed to the feel of the grass, and are now walking and crawling through it without hesitation.  On this particular afternoon, I had not expected Will to suddenly embark on a walk through the grass; thus, no shoes.  Now, the twins both wear shoes whenever we head to the play house in the yard.  We do have a dog, remember? 

163/365:  "Let Me Out!"

Taking the twins outside can be a challenge when I'm home alone with them.  While I CAN and often do carry them together (one would think that I would not have the flabby arms that I do), it's sometimes easier to carry them out one at a time so that I can carry other items (sunscreen, bubbles, camera, etc.) with me.  On Wednesday, Maddie was the second one to go out to the play house, and as you can see in the photo above, she was not waiting too patiently for her turn!

164/365:  Maverick

I often attempt to put my sunglasses on one of the twins, but both Maddie and Will quickly take them off.  On Thursday afternoon, Will allowed the sunglasses to be worn just long enough for me to snap a few pictures. 

165/365:  Woods Walk

On Friday afternoon, after a long ride in the car, we arrived at the Landmark Resort, our home away from home for the weekend.  Needing to stretch our legs for a bit, we went on a walk on the grounds of the resort before we put the babies to bed for the night. 

166/365:  Bubble Fun

After some of us attended the Door County Beer Festival earlier in the day, we spent the rest of Saturday afternoon at Deb and Steve's camper.  Mimi and Papa were both blowing bubbles for their grandchildren.  Here, Mimi entertains Will and Maddie with lots of little bubbles!

167/365:  Swinging is cool, dude!

On Sunday afternoon, Papa joined us on a walk to the campground's playground area.  Will and Maddie took turns in the baby swing.  With his sunglasses on, Will made swinging look super cool!

 
168/365:  Super Baby!

The twins' bedtime routine often involves some horseplay.  On Monday evening, Jim was "flying" Maddie high above him as he lay on the floor.


0 comments:

Post a Comment