Week twenty-three brought more "first" steps, my last days at Summit View, the twins' last days with their daycare providers, and a new playhouse! I still have a few items to bring home from school (You should see our garage right now...yikes!), but for all intents and purposes, I am officially a SAHM!?! I completed an exit interview, turned in my iPad, and left my keys and ID badges with the school secretary. It seems so...final! Now I just need to pare down my gigantic pile of boxes, crates, and bins!
 |
155/365: Do-Over
Ever since crossing the room to me last Monday night, Will has been growing more and more adept at walking. He might still resemble a drunk as he wobbles across the floor, but he is slowly become steadier on his feet. It seems to help when he has an object in his hands to take his mind off of what he is doing. Here, he walks my phone to me. |
 |
156/365: Treat?
Oh, Bailey. Always looking for a treat, always begging and hoping for food. Even in his old age, he will do ANYTHING for food! Ever since the twins started eating table food, Bailey has been reaping the benefits of having babies in the house. After the twins have dropped remnants of their meal on the floor, I often call for Bailey to come and help me take care of the mess (It's easier than picking it up myself!). We'll see if all the extra food has made an impact on his weight when we take him in for his check-up soon! |
 |
157/365: Octopus Hugs
Thursday was the twins' last day with one of their daycare providers, Angie. As soon as I walked in the door to take them home that day, Will reached out for the octopus sitting on top of a shelf as if to show me the toy that Angie had given him as a gift. He held the octopus close as we drove home, and then continued to give the toy affectionate hugs once we returned home. |
 |
158/365: Last Day Goodbye
Friday was my the last day of the 2012-2013 school year and my last day with students. As per tradition, I joined fellow teachers in waving goodbye to the buses filled with students at the end of the day. As I bid farewell to the students, I couldn't help but shed a few tears. |
 |
159/365: New House
While they were napping on Saturday afternoon, Jim assembled the Neat and Tidy Cottage that we had bought for the twins as their birthday present. We took them outside to introduce them to their new home when they woke from their naps. Initially, they seemed a bit apprehensive about the house, but they quickly realized how much fun they could have in it...opening and closing the door and windows, "talking on the phone", and ringing the doorbell! I think that we'll spend a lot of time in the cottage this summer! |
 |
160/365: "Who's There?"
We were back in the cottage on Sunday. Will is obsessed with opening and closing the door of the house and does so over and over and over again! He was doing just that when I caught him peeking out of the door towards me. |
 |
161/365: "That boy is a P-I-G, pig!"
Will is a sloppy eater. He always has been. In his defense, I gave Will and Maddie several "messy" foods tonight, knowing that I was going to put them right into the bathtub: Ravioli, avocado, and raspberries. When he was done eating, Will's face, hands, neck, chest, and arms, were stained red with raspberry juice. He also had two pieces of ravioli stuck to his belly, and a piece of avocado hanging from his nose like a booger. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment