Somehow, someway, the days have gotten away from me, and I am a bit behind on this little photography project of mine! I'll put the blame on too much summer fun!
The pictures below were taken during the week of June 25th through July 1st. I hope to be back soon with pictures taken during Week 27!
 |
176/365: Peek-a-Boo!
Even though the ground was soggy and wet, we headed outside to play in the water table on Tuesday afternoon just to get out of the house. The kiddos had fun in the water, but seemed to miss their cousin Dakota, who had played in the water table with them the week before. After playing in the water table a while, Will started a game of Peek-a-Boo with me. I caught this smile from underneath the table. |
 |
177/365: My Handsome Little Man
We've been putting the twins' play house to good use thus far this summer - we're out there almost every day! Will is OBSESSED with opening and closing the doors and windows of the house, much as he is with opening and closing doors in our actual house! It was upon opening the window to the play house that he found me there with my camera, and SNAP! You're looking at Mama's new lock screen wallpaper for her cell phone! What a handsome little man! |
 |
178/365: My Pretty Little Peanut
Recently, Maddie has been "helping" me to wake up Will from his naps. Typically, I get Maddie out of the Pack n' Play first before we go into the nursery to wake Will. I put Maddie in Will's crib and let Maddie wake him up with a hug. Will usually doesn't want much to do with her, but Maddie seems to enjoy it! |
 |
179/365: A Beautiful Morning
We were on a wagon walk last Friday morning when I snapped this picture of the sunshine over the retention pond in our subdivision with my camera phone. I wouldn't want any of these thistles in my yard, but I've always liked the flowers that grow atop the plants! |
 |
180/365: Milwaukee Photo Walk
About a month ago, Chris had asked me if I wanted to join her on a photo walk in downtown Milwaukee. We selected June 29th as the day on which we would take the tour. It wasn't until days before the tour that I realized that not only did we have swim class at 8:30 that morning (in Mukwonago, no less!), but the twins were going to be spending Friday night at their grandparents' house while we went to Summerfest! We didn't know how we'd do it, but we wanted to do it all - Summerfest, swim class, the photo walk. It required some rearranging, but we managed it all. Mimi and Papa came to our house to babysit, we drove separately to swim class, and then I drove straight downtown to meet Chris in The Third Ward. I even thought I had beat her there before she revealed to me that she had just been waiting in her car until the tour start time.
The photo walk was worth the efforts that it took to make it work, though. Part architectural, part history, and part photo tour, it helped me to appreciate the city for the beauty and history that is often overlooked. I found it somewhat difficult to take pictures on the tour because of the time constraints that we were under and the number of people in our tour group that were also trying to take pictures in the same area. Still, it was a good chance for me to practice my photography.
The tour group also offers food tours in different areas of the city. I would LOVE to check out one of those! Because swim class leaves me FAMISHED, I thought about food for most of our photo tour! |
 |
181/365: Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This
Sunday just was not Maddie's day. There were tears all. day. long. Looking at this picture now, I can't even remember why it was that she was crying. It seemed that every little thing set her off from morning to night. Thank goodness that the day is behind us! She has been nothing but smiles so far this weekend! |
 |
182/365: The Hunt for Red Panda
On Monday, several friends and I met with our children at the Milwaukee County Zoo. We spent a couple hours visiting the animals before enjoying a picnic lunch. Maddie and Will reacted to the zoo animals much more so than they did just a month ago. Maddie was the most exuberant - she waved, shrieked, and "talked" in response to the monkeys, fish, and giraffes. Shortly after a part of our group conducted the unsuccessful search for the red panda as seen in the photo above, we left the zoo in an attempt to avoid any meltdowns! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment