As much as I dislike being captured on video, I have recently vowed, to take more videos...especially of the twins. As I had promised to do when the twins were born, I have taken literally thousands of pictures of them since that miraculous day. Rarely does a day go by that I do not photograph them. In comparison, I have taken relatively few videos.
When I recently posted video of some of Maddie's first steps, my sister asked me if I had similar video of Will. I thought that I had taken video of Will using the video camera on my phone, but I had to search for it. Upon opening the "video vault", I did indeed find video of Will in the early days of walking...as well as many other video snippets of the twins dating back to their days of bottles, bouncers, and babbling. Watching the videos that have been lost on my phone left me in tears about the days gone by. The twins have quickly become toddlers; no longer are they the babies captured in the videos.
I don't have as much video footage as I would like, but what I do have is far too precious. I am so grateful that I have video documentation of Maddie and Will as babies. Pictures are worth a thousand words, but videos are...priceless. They capture the erratic movements, the adorable giggles, and the cute baby babbles that cannot be captured in a still photograph. If I could go back in time to give any one piece of advice to myself as a new mom, it would be to take more videos! I can't get those days back. They're gone.
But we have these videos...and loads upon loads of pictures. And from this point forward, I promise to take more video. Maybe I'll even hand the phone over to someone else and make an appearance on video every so often.
I won't overwhelm you today with all of the videos found on my phone. I'll leave you with just one of Will at about 4 1/2 months old, giggling at me while I filmed him in the nursery. I hope to be back on "Throwback Thursday" for another look at Maddie and Will as the babies that they once were. In the meantime, enjoy...and take some video of your own "babies".







0 comments:
Post a Comment