The thirty-eighth week of Project 365 packed quite the punch! It was during this week that we made it "Facebook Official" that, come November, we will be moving to The Netherlands for a six-month stay (Nothing is official until it is announced on Facebook, right?)! At the end of the week, we took the twins on their first flight so that we could introduce them to their great grandparents and other family members in Philadelphia. There was no shortage of excitement during Week Thirty-Eight!
And as we prepare to leave for Holland, life shows no signs of slowing down!
 |
260/365: Slim
After a breast biopsy to confirm a benign growth on Monday, I needed to try to keep my mind off of the test results that I wouldn't get until Tuesday afternoon. I decided to take the twins to the zoo for a short visit on Tuesday morning. We visited the zoo on several occasions this summer, but probably enjoyed Tuesday's visit more than any of our previous tours of the zoo! With school in session, the zoo was quiet and empty save for a few other parents out with their little ones. We were able to get a better look at many of the animals, who seemed to be more active than usual. The penguins were swimming, the flamingos were fighting, and the tiger peed on the glass right in front of us! I spared you a picture of that and chose to show you my favorite zoo animal instead.
Oh, and those test results? Benign. Thank God. |
 |
261/365: That's One Way to Ride in a Wagon
Something's gotten into the twins lately - Will especially. He has been a little hyper as of late. While he sleeps like a rock during the night and nap time, he spends his waking hours bouncing from one activity to the next. He is always on the go and rarely sits still. Even wagon rides have become opportunities for acrobatic movements. On Wednesday afternoon's wagon ride, Will chose to ride with his back bent over the back of the wagon and his head hanging out.
Thank goodness for Maddie. Sweet, calm (er) Maddie. |
 |
262/365: First Flight
I did not take a single picture on Thursday, so this cell phone picture taken at 5 a.m. on Friday morning is the closest I can get! The twins were much more alert than I was while we awaited their first flight early Friday morning! We were Philly bound!
The twins took to flying like pros. Maddie stayed occupied with books and snacks on Daddy's lap, while Will eventually fell asleep for about 30 minutes in mine. I was able to read! Monday night's flight home went fairly smoothly as well, though Maddie fought sleep for quite some time. Will, however, passed out the second we took flight, allowing me to close my own eyes for some time. I think I chose to sit with the right twin! |
 |
263/365: Great Grandpop
After our arrival, a stop for lunch, and a short snooze for the twins, we made our way to Great Grandpop and Great Grandmom's apartment, where the twins were delighted to find some toys that their great grandparents had borrowed from a family member just for our visit. Will quickly took a liking to his Great Grandpa, bringing him toys and flashing smiles at him. It was at their great grandparents' apartment that Maddie and will tried their first Philly Cheesesteak. Surprisingly, Will did not seem to care for it too much. Maddie, however, kept going back to Jim for more and more bites! |
 |
264/365: Tickling the Ivories
On Saturday morning, we joined Jim's cousin Kate, her husband, and her two sons for a trip to the Please Touch museum, a children's museum like none I have ever visited before. Housed in a huge, beautiful hall that was once an art gallery, the museum is divided into several exhibits designed specifically for children under 7. Maddie, Will, and their cousins played with water, slid down slides, lifted weights, made music, drove cars, launched rockets, and hopped on lily pads. They all had a ball, and were sufficiently tired out at the end of our visit.
In the photo above, Maddie is pictured playing a "baby" baby grand piano. |
 |
265/365: My Little Buttercup
After a quick stop at a local Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte to celebrate the first day of fall, we headed to a nearby playground to allow Maddie and Will to burn off some steam. Papa pushed the twins down the slide, Will and I rode on a seesaw together, and Daddy gave the twins big pushes while they were on the swings. The twins were, once again, successfully worn out and ready to sleep upon our return to the hotel.
I caught the above shot of my little buttercup while peering over a playground wall at her. What a cutie. |
 |
266/365: Otter Reflection
We wrapped up our visit to Philadelphia with a trip to America's first zoo on Monday morning. It was a beautiful day for our visit, and though the twins had just visited the Milwaukee County Zoo on Tuesday, they still seemed to enjoy the tour of the Philadelphia Zoo.
When Jim pushed the stroller up to the otter exhibit, I immediately noticed the twins' reflections in the glass. I adore this picture of Will watching the otters swim back and forth in their tank. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment