Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Project 365: Week Thirty-Five

At one point in time, I was careful to make sure that I submitted an even number of Maddie and Will to Project 365.  Now, however, there are days on which I am lucky to take a picture, much less worry about which child I am photographing more than the other.  Looking back at the pictures taken during week thirty-five, I see that I took more pictures of Will than I did of Maddie.  Truth be told, Maddie can be difficult to photograph at times.  She doesn't give out smiles as readily as Will does, and she tends to be more cautious in regards to the activities in which she participates.  I don't think that I have any pictures of her at the splash pad, for example, because she was clinging to me during most of our visits (I really can't blame her for not wanting to splash around after she was unexpectedly sprayed in the face with frigidly cold water!).  I would, hope, though, that I will have taken close to the same number of pictures of each twin at the project's end.  Perhaps Maddie will be the star of next week's set!  

239/365:  Serious Play

Maddie takes playing VERY seriously.  She often plays independently for long stretches of time...before Will interferes, that is.  When we come downstairs each morning, Maddie wastes no time before sitting down to play with a beloved toy, and continues to play throughout the day right up until bed time each evening.  On Tuesday evening, Maddie soaked up every last minute of play time in front of the Little People Zoo before she was put to bed.
Sidenote:  Yes, we do dress our children.  When I dressed the twins in their pajamas that night, I couldn't find a clean pair for Maddie in the dresser.  I knew that I had folded some clean pajamas for her earlier in the day, but they were in a laundry basket on the first floor.  I decided to skip an additional trip down and up the stairs, and dress her in her pajamas after we had gone downstairs together.  

240/365:  Feisty

Our little Miss Maddie has a not-so-little temper.  She is quick to cry and scream when she is unhappy.   She can be playing so quietly that we forget that she is in the room, but should we pull her away from playing to change her diaper or should Will interfere with her play, she lets everyone within a 5 mile radius know just how unhappy she is!  There is no shortage of drama with that girl!  I this picture, she is unhappy with me for not taking her upstairs first.  

241/365:  Back to Splashin'

It had been a while since we had used the water table when I decided to fill 'er up on Thursday afternoon.  Will clearly hadn't forgotten how much fun splashing around in the table could be, as he jumped right in for some splashin' shenanigans!   

242/365:  Prune Feet

I didn't take a single picture on Friday, so this picture from Thursday afternoon had to suffice.  After becoming sufficiently soaked, Will climbed into a lawn chair with his big orange shovel to dry off a bit.  He had been playing in the water so long that his little feet were wrinkled!  

243/365:  Victory Watermelon

On Saturday, the twins celebrated the Badgers' season-opening victory with slices of watermelon on the patio.  Both Maddie and Will love them some watermelon!  

244/365:  Silly Siblings

We took the twins to Madison on Sunday for lunch on the Memorial Union Terrace after a visit to the Vilas Zoo.  The twins tried out the famous Terrace chairs and began to make plans for their college years at UW-Madison!

245/365:  I Spy

On Labor Day, Jim and I took the twins to a local park.  Here, Will peers out at me from atop the playground equipment.



0 comments:

Post a Comment