I've been "cheating" at this project more than I'd like to lately. More often than ever before, I will allow a day to pass without taking a picture, forcing me to use a picture taken on another day for that day's entry. It's been a challenge to photograph the twins in new and different settings and poses. What we do from day to day doesn't vary all that greatly, which leaves me bound by the same backdrops for pictures. I'm looking forward to our trip to Philadelphia this weekend for a few different reasons, but I'm excited about the picture possibilities alone! And if my friend Chris ever pops out that baby boy, I'll have a new little subject to take pictures of as well!
I don't want to be a cheater, but sometimes, I have to be!
 |
253/365: Duplo Disaster
Jim and I should have given Will the middle name of "Destruction". William Destruction Auerbach. He literally wears a path of destruction through our home each and every day. On Tuesday morning, Will overturned the plastic bin of Duplo blocks to make a giant, colorful mess on the kitchen floor. Of course, he did so with a huge mischievous smile on his face. When I later directed him to help me clean up the blocks that he had poured out, he happily placed ONE block back in the bin, leaving Maddie and I to clean up the rest. Typical male. Make a mess and let the ladies take care of it. |
 |
254/365: Belly Play
Cheat! Cheat! Cheat! This was the first "cheat" of the week - I didn't take any pictures on Wednesday, so the picture seen above was actually taken on Tuesday. Maddie woke up early from her nap that afternoon, and quickly made herself comfortable playing with Duplo blocks on the floor. Unlike her brother, she cleaned up after herself when she was finished with the blocks.
|
 |
255/365: Entire
Cheat! Cheat! Cheat! Having not taken any pictures on Thursday, I was forced to use a picture taken on Friday for Thursday's submission. On Friday morning, we took advantage of a beautiful, cool, fall-like day, and went to Cushing Park in Delafield before stopping in at Summit View to say "Hello" and to drop off a few books that I accidentally brought home with me. We had never been to Cushing Park before, but we will definitely be returning! The twins had a lot of fun there! When we wasn't on the swing, Will spent his time in the middle of this tire, watching the activity in the park. |
 |
256/365: Fox in Socks Reads Books on Couch
After trying on his Halloween costume to make sure that it fit him the day before, Will insisted on wearing it again the following day, and again the day after that, and the day after that...until Mama decided Will was becoming a bit too obsessive over it and put it in the closet. Will makes for an adorable fox, but he doesn't need to become one of those children that refuses to take off a costume. |
 |
257/365: Little Walker
We were proud to walk with Team Jenna in the Briggs and Al's Run and Walk for Children's Hospital on Saturday morning. Before riding out the walk in the stroller, the twins stretched their legs in walking the event grounds. Will was fascinated by the school buses that were dropping off participants along Wisconsin Avenue, and insisted on pulling on of us closer to the street to watch the activity. Maddie preferred to stay close to Mama, though she did show interest in Jadyn, Jenna, and Jake. At one point, she even tackled poor Jenna! I think she was attempting to give her a hug, but I'm not sure that Jenna expected her to throw her entire body at her! |
 |
258/365: Penny for Your Thoughts
Sunday's rain ruined our plans for apple picking, forcing us to remain inside the house for most of the day. We had to get creative with our play, and wound up pulling out every. single. stuffed animal. that we own. They were piled onto the couch for the twins to sit amongst. While Will was upstairs with Daddy for a diaper change, I caught Maddie in this pensive state. I wish I knew what she was thinking about! |
 |
259/365: Upside Down Baby
After accompanying me to a doctor appointment in the morning, Jim worked from home on Monday afternoon. Typically, he gets home from work just to spend about 15 to 30 minutes with the twins before we put them to bed, but he was able to spend much more time playing with the twins on Monday. After a wagon ride, we took the twins into the backyard to horse around before we called it a day. Jim took turns giving each twin an upside down view of the world. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment