Late last week, I got the kids out of the house early in the day to beat the heat and the crowds and took them to Basse's Taste of Country to pick strawberries. After our own personal tractor ride out to the fields, the twins and I had fun picking berries to use in making Father's Day weekend goodies. Unlike last year, Maddie and Will restrained themselves and only ate a few strawberries as we worked. They actually did most of the picking, while I snapped the pictures!
Our strawberry haul is already gone, so we're hoping to get out to another farm tomorrow morning!
 |
| Miss Maddie got right to work! |
 |
| If I had dressed her in green, she could have gotten lost out there! |
 |
| She attempted to carry the flat... |
 |
| but she had to put it down as soon as Mama was done with the photos. It was pretty heavy for her little arms. |
 |
| Time for a break, Mama. |
 |
| I love this picture. I just wish all those ugly thistles weren't in it! |
 |
| The strawberries were Maddie-approved! |
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| Strawberry <3 td="">3> |
 |
| Will was so proud to lift and carry his flat. |
 |
| Will was just as focused on picking berries as Maddie was this year. Last year, though, was a different story... |
 |
| Pigtails and strawberries |
 |
| Will was stoked to ride the tractor to the fields; he remembered the tractor ride from last year's visit! |
 |
| Will loved waving to the farmer and the passengers on the tractor! |
 |
| Will looks to be inspecting his berry here. |
 |
| Maddie kept asking me to check her strawberries to make sure that they were as "good" as she thought they were. |
 |
| Maddie and her haul |
 |
| This is pretty heavy, Mama! |
 |
| Will held his flat while waiting for the tractor to come pick us up. |
 |
| Will and his pickins' |
0 comments:
Post a Comment