Jim and I had every intention of going to see another Oscar-nominated film last night, but a bout of tummy trouble (I think I ate too much cheese at lunch) forced us to stay home. We decided to rent and watch the movie, Bottle Shock, which is about the events leading up to the 1976 Judgment of Paris, when California wines beat French wines in a blind taste test.We were excited to see this movie because it was filmed in California when Jim and I were vacationing in Sonoma. We watched scenes being filmed on the streets of Sonoma, and even sat near Dennis Farina while eating dinner one night! We recognized a few of the wineries in the movie as wineries that we had toured during our stay in Sonoma, and found it amusing that the hotel at which we had stayed was shown in the movie as a country club!
Watching the movie brought back memories of our trip. We so enjoyed the good food, wines, and weather of the region. On a snowy morning such as this one, it is nice to think of our trip to wine country.











0 comments:
Post a Comment