Although I had threatened the Bradley Center in a very strongly worded letter that I would not return unless they tightened their no smoking policy, Jim and I found ourselves back at the Bradley Center to watch the Milwaukee Admirals take on the Rockford Icehogs on Friday night.
We saw a great game! The Admirals got off to a late start, but were able to pull off a 4-1 victory over the Icehogs due to three unanswered goals in the third period.
While the game was entertaining, the in-game entertainment was also most amusing. Between the second and third periods, contestants competed at human ice bowling. A few brave fans on sleds were propelled from one end of the rink to the other, attempting to knock down as many large bowling pins as they could. I had never seen such a sight! It actually looked like a lot of fun!
Jim and I felt slightly out of place amongst the true Admirals fans in the Bradley Center, however. It seemed that all fans were equipped with cowbells that they sounded at pivotal points in the game. The fans also appeared to share a common language, chanting and cheering in unison at times. I guess Jim and I will just have to attend more games to learn proper Admirals fan behavior...and we'll need to take a cowbell with us next time!







0 comments:
Post a Comment