Saturday, February 7, 2009

Let's Go to the Movies!


On a day when many took advantage of the warm weather and headed outdoors, I took in not one, but two movies. First, I joined Liza and a very pregnant Veronica (she was due on February 4th) for a matinee showing of the newest chick flick, He's Just Not That Into You. The movie is chock full of stars; everyone from Ben Affleck and Scarlett Johansson to Jennifer Aniston and Drew Barrymore is in this film. I enjoyed the movie, but it was definitely a chick flick! There is no way that I would have convinced Jim to see this movie with me. During the movie, Veronica complained that the baby was fiercely kicking her. I told her that she is sure to have a boy (she doesn't know what she is having), as only a boy would be kicking to get out of seeing that movie!

Later, after a walk with Bailey (I did get outside) and dinner at The Glass Nickel Pizza Company (Mmmm...), Jim and I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire. What a great movie! The film was probably the best that I've seen in a while - and I see a lot of movies! Of the five movies nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture, Jim and I have seen two (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and now Slumdog Millionaire). Slumdog Millionaire wins my support over Benjamin Button for the Oscar.

I would like to see all of the movies nominated for Best Picture before the Oscars air on February 22nd. With time running out, I might need to see two movies next Saturday as well!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I saw "He's Just Not That into You" last night with a bunch of gals! So cute. Predictable...but I love chick flicks.

And I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" last weekend. WOW. It was incredible. I liked both Slumdog and Benjamin Button for different reasons. However, something about Slumdog was so innovative. It's definitely on my list of movies to own!

What are you heading to next weekend??

Becky said...

I want to see The Reader with Kate Winslet and Frost/Nixon, but they're currently showing at only two theatres. I'm hopeful that those films aren't pulled from the theatres by next weekend!

Post a Comment