I realized earlier today that I never posted a Good Eats recipe for last week. I apologize to any of those readers that were waiting at their computers for me to post one. To make up for my error this evening, I shall post two Good Eats recipes. Both are from the Sandra Lee cookbook that I still have on my loan from my sister, and both are recipes that I have not yet tried (but would like to try). This first recipe is for ziti. It looks like it would be easy to make, and yummy to eat!
Recipe for: Ziti with Spicy Ragout
From: Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade: Slow Cooker Recipes
Ingredients:
1 pound dried ziti pasta
1 1/4 pounds bulk hot Italian sausage
1 jar (26 ounce) spicy red pepper pasta sauce, Classico
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, Kraft
1 cup red wine, Merlot
Shredded Parmesan cheese, Kraft (optional)
Directions:
1. In a large pot of salted, boiling water, cook ziti about 10 minutes or just until al dente. Drain and transfer to a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
2. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and stir sausage until browned, breaking up clumps. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce, Italian cheese blend, and wine.
3. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 2 to 4 hours.
4. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment