
After discovering great finds at the Divine Consign sale in Elm Grove this morning, I decided that I will no longer buy clothing and accessories (aside from underwear and shoes) in stores. Instead, I will purchase all clothing and accessories at rummage and consignment sales, or will swap clothing with others at clothing swaps!
Divine Consign held its first semi-annual consignment sale at the Elm Grove Women's Club in April. After a facebook friend posted information about the sale online, I thought I'd check it out on the last day of the sale. I didn't find much to buy, as it seemed as though the racks were picked over. I tried on several articles of clothing, but nothing seemed to fit. I walked away with one pair of AnnTaylor LOFT shorts that were priced at $4, but I signed up for Divine Consign's mailing list before leaving the sale.
Divine Consign's fall sales event opened on Thursday, and is scheduled to close at 5:00 p.m. this evening. After finding little at the sale in the spring, I honestly did not expect to buy much at this season's sale. I don't know if Divine Consign registered more consignors for this sale or I had more patience to sift through the racks today, but I came away from the sale with a bagful of finds!
I spent $54 on 9 items (an average of $6 on each item). It was 1/2 Off Day, so everything that I bought was 1/2 off the original consignment price. The pieces included the following:
- 1 brown pea coat from Old Navy ($12)
- 1 button-down red shirt from Banana Republic ($2.50)
- 1 button-down red checkered shirt from J.Crew ($5)
- 1 jean skirt from The Gap ($3.50)
- 1 white skirt from AnnTaylor LOFT ($5)
- 1 pair of cords from AnnTaylor LOFT ($5)
- 1 pair of cargo pants from Old Navy ($5)
- 1 pair of crop pants from The Limited ($5)
- 1 bracelet from Lia Sophia ($10)
All of the pieces were in great condition. The coat seems as though it has never been worn, as as do both shirts.
With finds like these, why would I ever pay full retail prices again? I can't wait for Divine Consign's spring sale!







2 comments:
That's so awesome! I wish I had known about that sale earlier! Please let me know if you go in the future--I'd love to scoop up some great deals myself. Enjoy! :)
I just went on their website, couldn't believe all the things they sell---there is another one @ the Jewish Community Center Oct 15th--17th-thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment