Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scavengers

I was on my way to school about a week and a half ago when I was rear-ended at a stop light. I was shaken up by the accident (I had never been in a traffic accident before!), but everyone involved in the accident was uninjured. Although it sounded as though the damage would be worse as I was hit, my car was only scratched in the accident. The other driver (a young mother with two children in the back seat) admitted full responsibility for hitting me. While we waited for a police officer to come to the scene, she called her insurance provider and filed a claim. By that afternoon, I had made an appointment to get an estimate on the damage. By the following week, my car had been repaired at no cost to me.

While it certainly was an inconvenience, the accident was extremely minor. It could have been much worse. I consider myself lucky to have had such a small accident as my first.

Now, nearly two weeks after the accident, I am receiving an onslaught of mail (all addressed to Rebecca Auerback) from local law offices. From Thursday through Saturday, our mailbox was littered with 9 different pieces of mail from Hupy, Abraham, and the like...I have the feeling that even more mail is to come. I understand that these law offices are only hoping that I will turn to them for legal action against the other driver that hit me, but I see these mailers as nothing but wasteful in light of the fact that the accident was so minor and I would have no reason to sue.

I should hire one of the law firms to file a lawsuit against the other law firms for harassment. Scavengers.

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

Wow. That is crazy! It is pretty scary that either your insurance company or the lady who hit you is selling your personal information as well! I would have a talk with them about privacy issues!!

Post a Comment