Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring is Here?!?

Okay, okay - so we didn't get hit with the 6 inches of snow that were originally forecasted, but still...Today is the first day of spring, but you wouldn't guess it by looking out the window. For weeks, my kindergartners and I have been counting the days left until spring. We have been discussing the weather changes that will come as the spring season begins: warmer temperatures and longer days, wind and rain, the rebirth of plants and the return of robins and other wildlife. I'm positive that upon seeing the newly fallen snow that blanketed their yards this morning, my students thought, "That old Mrs. Auerbach is full of crap!"

I read that the mild temperatures that we enjoyed last week will return again this upcoming week. That may be true, but it was a cruel joke for Mother Nature to dump snow on us today. I guess that's what we get for living in Wisconsin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment