Jim and I returned from our fun-filled trip to Seattle late last night. We spent five days exploring the city and the surrounding area on foot and by bus, boat, and taxi. We took a cruise around the harbor, went to a baseball game, visited the Space Needle, took a tour of area wineries, shopped at the Market, took in the sights at Mt. Rainier National Park, and enjoyed many delicious meals at some fabulous restaurants.
We arrived in Seattle by way of a Saturday-morning flight on which I, separated from Jim, was lucky enough to sit in the very last row of the aircraft - and a row in front of the bathroom. I did, however, catch some clear shots of the city and the surrounding mountains from above:




From the airport, we headed to our hotel to drop off luggage before finding our way to Pike Place Market for lunch. We stayed at
Hotel Andra, conveniently located downtown and just four blocks from the market. We discovered that we were within walking distance of the stadiums, the harbor, the Space Needle, and most of the restaurants at which I had made reservations. It was the perfect location - and apparently a popular choice among vampires! While perusing through the guest book in the hotel lobby, Jim discovered that Edward Cullen and his human-turned-vamp wife Bella spent some time at the hotel in November 2008!


After dropping off our bags, we made the first of many trips to the Market. We were in search of a restaurant called
The Pink Door, aptly named for the pink door that customers pass through when dining at the restaurant. If not for the pink door, it would be difficult to find the restaurant, as it was located down an alley and otherwise unmarked with signage. As it was, it was still hard for Jim and I to find the restaurant, as the pink door was open and therefore less visible, and if you ask me, the door appeared to be painted more peach than pink! It might be time for another coat of paint! Once we were seated on a beautiful patio overlooking the Sound, Jim and I were grateful that we had tracked down the restaurant. We shared the best
bruschetta that I've ever had, and we each enjoyed our separate entrees while also appreciating the view of the water.
Following our scrumptious lunch at the elusive Pink Door, Jim and I walked down to the water for a harbor cruise.
0 comments:
Post a Comment