Monday, July 19, 2010

Seattle Space Needle

On Sunday night, Jim and I made the short walk from our hotel to the Space Needle. Now, if you would ask Jim what his least favorite part of our trip to Seattle was, he would probably answer that it was the visit to the Space Needle. He simply hates tourist traps. And at $18 per ticket, the elevator ride to the top of the Space Needle could be considered a trap. But you can't go to Seattle and NOT go to the top of the Space Needle, right? So I dragged Jim there.
In my opinion, the view from the top of the Needle was worth the ridiculous admission fee. We had chosen to visit the Needle just before sunset, so the sky was painted beautiful shades of pastels. No where else in Seattle could you get such amazing views of the city below.

Jim may not have enjoyed the trip to the Space Needle, but I'm glad we went!

0 comments:

Post a Comment