So...I have a problem. I'm no longer pregnant. In fact, I haven't been pregnant for nearly two months. Yet, I seem to be eating as though I am still carrying two babies. I AM breastfeeding, which does allow me an additional 500 calories per day, but I'm pretty sure that those calories shouldn't be coming from ice cream, french fries, and cookies.
Last night, in an effort to resolve my problem, Jim and I polished off the last of these delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so that I wouldn't NEED to eat any more of them. These cookies were among the goodies delivered to us by caring co-workers in the month after the babies were born. Fellow Craft Club member Becky D. found the recipe via Pinterest, and as suggested, presented the cookies to us in frozen form so that we could make them in small batches when we wished. PERFECT!
After enjoying the cookies for several weeks, we sadly {sniff, sniff} reached the end of our frozen supply last night. The good news? I no longer need to worry about filling my face with these cookies. The bad news? There's several pints of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer.
Recipe for: Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
From: Becky D. (Recipe found at: http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/08/classic-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies.html)
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Cream together the butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add baking soda, powder, and salt and mix.
4. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. *Freeze in small balls if desired.*
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. *Add 2-4 minutes if frozen.*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
You have two kids...so you get an extra 1000 calories a day. Eat the ice cream and cookies! I would.
Post a Comment