Friday, December 21, 2012

Eight Months

On the 17th of every month (or as close to the date as possible) since the babies were born, I have snapped pictures of Maddie and Will in onesies labeled with monthly stickers.  Never before this eighth month mark have I encountered the difficulties in photographing the twins that I did this month.  A combination of poor lighting (it was a gloomy, cloudy day) and two increasingly mobile babies made for a very frustrating photo session and few usable pictures.  And with a tight schedule that day (I took the babies in for their second round of flu shots that morning), I was forced to abandon the goal of capturing the babies' pictures that day and to attempt to do so later in the week. 

Fortunately, between the 17th and the day on which I decided to try again, a package arrived on a door step.  In anticipation of the pictures that would be taken during the holidays and the difficulties that we would have in capturing those pictures, I ordered a spinning light-up snowman wand to use in helping the babies to focus on the camera.  It came just in time to use for snapping their 8 month pictures - again! 

Since its arrival, we've also begun to used the wand for diaper changes.  It keeps the babies still and occupied while they're being changed, which keeps Mama and Daddy happy!

Happy birthday, Maddie and Will!






0 comments:

Post a Comment