Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fail!

Earlier this week, inspired by Pinterest and determined to create replicas of what I had seen there, I set out to take some photos of the twins with Christmas lights.  Our Christmas cards are finished and ready to be sent out, but I just wanted to capture the twins' first Christmas season with a few pictures that I could frame for the house.  Although the pictures that I got are priceless, it's safe to say that my attempt was a failure. 


First up was Maddie, who was just plain terrified of the Christmas lights that I set on the floor near her. She typically loves lights on toys and dolls, but for some reason, Christmas lights sent her into a frightened fit like I have never seen from her before! The poor thing will be forever scarred by the glow of Christmas lights.


Inspiration (Though I didn't want Maddie to actually hold the lights)
 
Terrified.  Petrified.  Mortified.  Fail!
Knowing Will and all of his antics, I should have expected exactly what he did when I placed him on the kitchen floor with a string of Christmas lights around him:  Eat them!  The boy loves to eat, and takes every opportunity to taste ANY AND ALL objects just in case they might be food! 

Inspiration (Should have known better than to think that Will would be able to keep his hands and his MOUTH off those lights!)
Mmmm! 

I was able to salvage the following pictures from the batch that I took that morning.  Maddie was still fairly upset about those scary Christmas lights when I placed her in front of the Christmas tree, and Will's pictures took some editing to brighten them, but they're definitely better than the first few that I took!

So sad!

There's a smile!

No eating the lights this time!

Hmmm...I wonder what these taste like? 

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love his glowing mouth!

Post a Comment