Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Project 365: Week Thirty-One

Well, look at this...I'm actually posting this week's entries for Project 365 on schedule for once!  Yes, I would like you to bake me a cake.  It isn't easy to get to the ol' blog these days!  

The thirty-first week of Project 365 brought a trip to a local park, a library visit, a day with Dakota, a quick stop at the zoo, and the twins' first (albeit, disastrous) visit to the State Fair.  Jim and I even squeezed in a date night!  It was a busy but fun week!  


211/365:  Up in the Air

On Tuesday morning, we met some friends at a local park for some swingin', slidin', and playin'!  We were the first to arrive at the park, and had the playground to ourselves for 30 to 45 minutes before our friends joined us.  Since our first visit last week, we have already made a return trip!

212/365:  On the Loose in the Library

We visited the library on Wednesday morning.  We submitted the twins' reading challenge logs, for which they each received a board book of their choosing.  We browsed and checked out books for the next week or two, and then I let the kiddos loose to play in the preschool area.  Maddie, however, didn't stay there - she took her own tour of the library book shelves. 

213/365:  Child Labor

During Dakota's stay with us on Thursday, we took a walk with the twins in their stroller.  When Dakota asked to push the stroller during our walk, I agreed to allow her to push it for a portion of our walk, never imagining that she would be able to push it up some of the hills in our neighborhood!  I think that she was determined to prove that she could do it!

214/365:  Door Man

Will is OBSESSED with doors, constantly opening and closing them wherever they can be found.  I feel as though I'm always holding my breath, waiting for his or Maddie's fingers to be pinched.  I'm hopeful that he outgrows this obsession before that can happen!

215/365:  Through the Mist

After swim class and a morning nap, I took the twins to the zoo to meet my mom, who was there for her company picnic.  Though it wasn't hot, the twins still enjoyed it when their Grandma pushed them through the cool mist.  I think their Grandma liked it, too.

216/365:  Chalk It Up

As aforementioned, Sunday's trip to the State Fair was a bit of a bust.  We got a later start that we should have, encountered bumper-to-bumper traffic on the way there, and waited in a line that never seemed to move for baked potatoes.  And then there were the meltdowns.  Maddie has since come down with a fever, and it is clear to me now that she must have started to feel sick on Sunday.  After we wolfed down the potatoes that Jim waited at least 30 minutes for in the hot sun while I tried to comfort an unhappy Maddie, we rushed to the car and left...just about an hour and a half after we arrived.

SOOOO...as you may imagine, I didn't get the pictures that I had wanted to get at the Fair.  Actually, I only took ONE lousy picture.  The picture seen above is obviously not that picture, but one that I had snapped earlier in the week while the twins scribbled on the patio bricks with chalk.

We're hoping for a State Fair do-over when we attempt to take the twins to the Fair later this week (provided that Maddie starts feeling better)!

217/365:  You've Got a Friend in Me

Will has been dragging Curious George around everywhere we go ever since I bought the monkey for him on Friday.  George has accompanied Will to the park, to the zoo, and to the store.  He has slept with Will, sat with Will in the car, and joined the twins for walks around the neighborhood.  Yesterday, Will was even sharing his cheddar bunnies with George!  




0 comments:

Post a Comment