Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursday


Our Big Will had a rough evening.  A severe case of diaper rash came out of nowhere earlier tonight and gave us all a run for our money.  After he cried himself to sleep, he woke up about an hour later screaming out in pain.  We tended to his sore bottom while he cried and writhed.  Afterwards, for the first time in months, I rocked him for more than a few minutes.  As I attempted to soothe him, I couldn't help but think about how much both he and Maddie have grown.  I was once able to cradle his entire body in one arm as I rocked back and forth in the glider; now, Will is almost too big to be rocked.  He's not a baby anymore, and for that, I'm a little sad.  As I wiped away my tears, Will, who hadn't fallen asleep, turned and looked at me.  I asked him if he felt better, and he nodded.  I asked him if he wanted to lay down in his crib, and he nodded.  I asked him if he wanted me to play music for him, and he nodded.  He's not a baby anymore.

Today's Throwback Thursday video brings you BABY Will, back when he was small enough to fit into his bouncer - and into one arm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment