I have had the opportunity to take the twins to a local beach with friends this summer, but I always declined such invitations out of fear that I wouldn't be able to manage both Maddie and Will at the beach on my own. The thought of one of them wandering to the water unseen frightened me!
After Jim and I (along with Mimi and Papa) took the twins to Fish Creek beach on Sunday, I am certainly glad that I never tried to tackle a trip to the beach alone! Will practically requires his own chaperone to shadow all of his rapid movements! He literally ran in circles on the beach, seemingly unsure of what to focus on first - the seagulls flying overhead, the hot sand under his toes, or the noisy dogs splashing in the water! Maddie was our little Landlubber for most of our stay on the beach; while we splashed in the water with Will, Maddie stayed behind to play in the sand. Once we brought her to the water, though, she was happy there, too!
We stayed for about an hour, which seemed to be just the right length of time to spend in the sand and surf. The twins were covered in sand and were starting to get hungry just as the beach was becoming more crowded.
We'll definitely pay another visit to the beach when we return to Door County next summer!
 |
| Maddie enjoyed filling this bucket with sand and pouring it out again. |
 |
| Maddie kept a close eye on her daddy and brother at the water. |
 |
| Daddy took Will to the water. |
 |
| The water was cold, but not quite as cold as the water that the twins splash in at the Hartland Splash Park! |
 |
| Someone has been eating a little too much macaroni lately... |
 |
| Maddie played with Mimi while Will explored the water. |
 |
| Will insisted on carrying a giant orange shovel as we walked along the sand. I think he was on the hunt for buried treasure. |
 |
| My little beach bum |
 |
| Daddy and Will |
 |
| Fun in the sand |
 |
| Don't let these pictures fool you - Will sat still for approximately 3 minutes during our stay on the beach. |
 |
| Maddie and Daddy |
 |
| Maddie won the award for bringing back the most sand! |
 |
| Maddie and Papa |
0 comments:
Post a Comment