Sunday, August 4, 2013

Project 365: Week Thirty

How is it that the thirtieth week of 2013 has already come and gone?!?  School supplies have lined store shelves for weeks, and now Halloween costumes and decorations are beginning to appear!  It has even felt like fall in the last two weeks!  (Secretly, I like the cooler weather.  I don't like to admit it, though, when most everyone else is complaining about it.)  

The thirtieth week of Project 365 was quiet in comparison to previous weeks - aside from a trip to the doctor and a lunchtime picnic in a park with daddy, the twins and I stayed close to home, enjoying the mild temperatures while playing in our backyard and taking walks around the neighborhood.  I didn't mind the break from our field trips, and I don't think the twins did, either!  It was a slow summer week...that just so happened to feel like fall!

204/365:  I Don't Need No Stinkin' Spoon!

I have recently started to encourage Maddie and Will to use utensils on their own.  I still handle the scooping, but Maddie and Will have each been practicing holding a spoon and using it to feed themselves.   As you can imagine, it can get very messy!  On this particular day recorded above, Maddie decided that she was better off cleaning out her bowl of yogurt with her tongue rather than the spoon that she held in her hand.  Sometimes, I wish I was a kid and could get away with licking my bowl clean!

205/365:  Life's a Beach {Ball}

It may have been to cool to play in our pool or water table, but that didn't stop Will from playing with our beach ball!  He threw it up into the air over and over again, laughing and shrieking as it flew through the air.  

206/365:  Post-Picnic Swing

With nothing else on our agenda, the twins and I decided to meet Jim at a local park for a lunchtime picnic and play session.  It was a beautiful day for a picnic, and it was nice for us to see Jim during the day.  The twins enjoyed the swings most of all, though!  Neither one of them wanted to get back into the stroller!

207/365:  Tuckered Out

The twins missed their regularly scheduled morning nap to go to the doctor for their 15 month check-up on Friday.  After being poked and prodded and receiving two shots, they were both wiped out, and fell asleep on the way home.  I quietly snapped this precious picture of Will in his car seat before waking him up to take him in the house for lunch.

208/365:  Important Call

Jim and I don't often talk on the phone here at our house, but we must do so often enough that the twins have started to mimic us.  They hold their toy phones on their shoulders near their ears and have "conversations" before handing the phones over to us so that we can play, too!  

209/365:  Like Father, Like Son

After Grandma Joan treated us to a delicious lunch at Carrabba's on Sunday, we went back to her house for a short visit.  Will and Jim entertained us with their harmonizing presentation of farting noises while we walked around Grandma's garden.

210/365:  Pajama Time

When it was "my turn" to read a bedtime story to Maddie and Will on Monday night, Maddie took the book that I had chosen from my hands and walked it to Jim, "asking" him to read the book instead.  Ouch!  That hurt!  But I thought that this picture of Maddie listening to her daddy read to her was too precious not to share...even though she ditched me for her daddy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment