Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

When the dog bites, when the bees sting, when I'm feeling sad - I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad...

The following top my current list of favorite things...

1. My New Mittens: Veronica had purchased a pair of wool mittens from a vendor at Waukesha's Apple Fest a few weeks ago. When I saw her mittens, I just had to have a pair of my own! The mittens are made out of wool sweaters and lined with fleece. They are warm and very cute! This morning, Veronica and I tracked down the woman that makes the mittens at the Brookfield Farmers Market. I bought the mittens shown below for myself. It's a good thing that I did, too, because I was cold! Stupidly, I had not worn a coat to the outdoor market. If you like my new mittens, you can find your own pair at a few of the area's upcoming craft fairs.
2. Free Music Downloads: I recently discovered and fell in love with Starbucks' Free iTunes Pick of the Week. Every Tuesday, they offer a new song free for download. Just pick up one of the free pick cards the next time that you are waiting for your cup of joe. Sure, I don't enjoy every song that I've downloaded thus far, but so what? The songs are free. I have come across a few that I enjoy that I may never have given a listen to otherwise (David Gray's "Fugitive" and The Avett Brothers' "I and Love and You"). Also promoting free music is The Pabst. I became one of their "emembers" earlier in the year. Now, I receive advance information about upcoming concerts and shows in addition to free MP3's. This week, I downloaded Joss Stone's "Governmentalist". Once again, I may not have heard this song otherwise, and as it turns out, I like it!

3. Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice: When I've stopped at Starbucks for free music downloads over the last few weeks, I have ordered a Caramel Apple Spice. It's a hot apple cider dressed in caramel and cream, and it's spectacular. I have been trying to watch what I eat lately though, and at 380 calories, the drink is no small snack. I have gone without a meal so that I can justify drinking one - it's worth it.

4. Fall Foliage: When it hasn't been raining, I have enjoyed all of the bright colors of fall. Last weekend, I captured a few fall photos when the sun came out from behind the clouds for a while. I think that was the last time I saw the sun! It's been one cloudy, dreary week!


5. Jim and Bailey: I'll round out my list of favorites with two of my favorite men in my life. They make me smile and laugh every day. Happy Sweetest Day to my two "sweets"!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Sweetest Day- to all 3 of you...hope you are having a great weekend!!

Shelly said...

I think I will have to find myself a pair of those gloves. Maybe a couple extra for Christmas gifts.

Post a Comment