Saturday, October 17, 2009

Friday Night Lights

For some time now, Jim has wanted to go to an area high school football game. Last night, after an evening out in downtown Waukesha (which is flourishing with new restaurants and shops, by the way), we decided to head to Waukesha South to watch the second half of the game against Arrowhead.

We only stayed to watch the third quarter of the game for a multitude of reasons:

1. It was cold!
2. The football game was difficult to watch. The Waukesha South team was terrible (They wound up losing the game 45-0)!
3. The high school students in the audience were obnoxious and annoying. People always wonder how I have the patience for kindergarten students. I wonder the same about high school teachers! I just couldn't do it!

I had hoped for a different "Friday Night Light" experience - it certainly wasn't what is portrayed on NBC's "Friday Night Lights". There were few in the audience, the football was bad, and most unfortunately, Kyle Chandler was nowhere to be found on the sidelines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment