With nothing else on the agenda today, I decided to ask my mom to accompany me to Greendale's Hay Days Fall Festival. Festivites ranging from mini-horse cart rides to a jack o' lantern auction were held in the Historic Village of Greendale. If I had brought Bailey along with us, he could have been blessed by a local priest (As it turns out, tomorrow is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals). Lord knows Bailey needs a blessing for all of his wrong-doings! Just down the road at Trimborn Farms, visitors could tour a civil war encampment.
My mom and I met at the Rieman Vistor Center to start our day off with a little shopping at the Taste of Home outlet store. I bought several cookbooks at $2.50 apiece, and my mom and I each bought Halloween decorations. From the outlet store, we wandered through the shops, discovering along the way that all of the stores were hosting a scavenger hunt. Visitors had to find a large needle in each store to be given an entry into a contest for a $100 shopping spree. The needles were difficult to find; we only found 2 of them!
Stores and sponsors of the festival were giving away all sorts of goodies. We were each given a ball at the entrance to Caesar's Pet, and Potawatomi gave us some free pens and playing cards.
My mom and I left the Village to check out what has happening at Trimborn Farms. We assumed that it was an extension of the fall festival, but quickly discovered after arriving there that it was only a Civil War encampment and re-enactment! After realizing this, we didn't spend much time there. We walked through the grounds and marveled at the full costumes worn by the actors. We even saw Abraham Lincoln! He was giving a press conference in the main barn!
My mom and I enjoyed our Hay Day Saturday, and just might check it out again next year (We'll know to skip the visit to the Civil War encampment next year)!
My mom and I met at the Rieman Vistor Center to start our day off with a little shopping at the Taste of Home outlet store. I bought several cookbooks at $2.50 apiece, and my mom and I each bought Halloween decorations. From the outlet store, we wandered through the shops, discovering along the way that all of the stores were hosting a scavenger hunt. Visitors had to find a large needle in each store to be given an entry into a contest for a $100 shopping spree. The needles were difficult to find; we only found 2 of them!
Stores and sponsors of the festival were giving away all sorts of goodies. We were each given a ball at the entrance to Caesar's Pet, and Potawatomi gave us some free pens and playing cards.
My mom and I left the Village to check out what has happening at Trimborn Farms. We assumed that it was an extension of the fall festival, but quickly discovered after arriving there that it was only a Civil War encampment and re-enactment! After realizing this, we didn't spend much time there. We walked through the grounds and marveled at the full costumes worn by the actors. We even saw Abraham Lincoln! He was giving a press conference in the main barn!
My mom and I enjoyed our Hay Day Saturday, and just might check it out again next year (We'll know to skip the visit to the Civil War encampment next year)!
These 3 jack o' lanterns were our favorites among those up for auction. That's Sponge Bob in the middle!
Interesting.
It's Honest Abe!
Check out the get-up on this lady.







1 comments:
You always find such fun places to go! I'll go somewhere with ya someday! :)
Post a Comment