Monday, March 18, 2013

Project 365: Week Eleven

Today wraps up the eleventh week of the year, and until today, the week provided plenty of fodder for photos.  Both Bailey and Jim celebrated birthdays, Jim and I went to the Big Ten Tournament in Chicago, and the twins were busy as always with their play!  And then there was today.  I took a few pictures of Maddie in her monthly sticker onesie as well as several pictures of Bailey chewing on a bone, but none of the pictures really spoke to me as "Photo of the Day" material.  So, for the second time since I embarked on this project, I cheated.  Today's submission is truly a picture taken yesterday, when the sun was bathing our kitchen in warm light.  Maddie and Will couldn't stay away.  They're desperate for sunshine and warmth just as much as we are!

71/365:  Drying Off

Since Maddie and Will started taking their baths in the big tub, this is the sight that greets me the morning after a bath as I prepare to take a shower.  As cute as this picture might be, someday I hope that we have a house in which I do not have to share a tub with the twins or their toys.

72/365:  Top Dog
Wednesday marked Bailey's 9th birthday!  To celebrate, he ate the last of his cake and a cup of ice cream for breakfast and posed for several obligatory birthday pictures.   He's a good dog.  The last year has been tough on him, I'm sure.   

73/365:  In the Tunnel

Maddie and Will received a tunnel for Christmas.  It took us about a month before we brought it out for the first time.  When we did, the twins were both terrified of it.  Maddie was the only one to crawl through it that day, but she cried the entire time and only did it to reach a bottle of Vitamin Water (what the kids will do for a bottle of Vitamin Water!) on the other side of the tunnel!  We brought the tunnel out several more times after that first experience, and though Will eventually learned to like crawling through it, Maddie continued to be frightened by it.  She would not even go near it!  Then, last weekend, with her Grandma C. watching and cheering her on, Maddie crawled through it - a few times!  Now, she crawls through like it's a big nothin'.  She may even stop in the middle to sit and play! 

74/365:  Hand to Hand

Kids love doors, especially French doors.  Anytime we have had young children in our home, they are drawn to these doors.  They mostly love opening and closing the doors, which is why they are now locked.  But they also love looking through the glass into the room on the side.  On Friday, I had followed Maddie as she crawled from the living room, through the hallway and kitchen, and then into the den, where she hoisted herself up against the doors to greet her brother, who was standing on the other side.  They quickly found each other's hand and gave the other a "through-the-glass" high-five! 

75/365:  Big Ten Tournament

While Mimi and Papa spent the day with Maddie and Will, Jim and I headed to Chicago for the Big Ten Tournament.  The Badgers had won the day before, which meant that we got to see them play in the first game of the day.  The Badgers wound up pulling off the win that would send them to Sunday's championship game. 

76/365:  Morning

After a long (but fun) day in Chicago the day before, we were hoping that the babies would let us sleep in...and by "sleep in", I mean sleep until 7:30.  Will had other plans.  He started jabbering away shortly after 5:30, and didn't really stop until we entered the twins' room a little after 7:00.  So much for sleeping in!

77/365:  From Under the Table

Will and Maddie love drumming their little hands on our furniture, including our kitchen chairs.  We only encourage such behavior by drumming right along with them!  On Sunday, Jim and Will were in the middle of a drum session when I crawled under the kitchen table to photograph them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment