Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Project 365: Week Twelve

The twelfth week of Project 365 came to a close yesterday, but with a craft club meeting last night, I did not get around to posting the photos taken this week until now.  This week was a tough one - Jim was out of town, I fell sick with what feels like the hundredth head cold of the season, and, outside, it was cold, windy, and miserable.  This weather needs to go.  We are ready for a change of scenery.  I'm anxious to start taking pictures outside!  I'm sure outdoor photography will bring its challenges, but I say, "Bring them on!"  Now that I have some basic knowledge of my camera and its functions, I'm sure I can figure it out. 

78/365:  Nap time's Over

If you look at the pictures that I take during the work week, it is clear that I am limited to taking pictures in the morning.  You'll see a lot of early morning scenes - first morning bottles, breakfast, playtime, and nap time.  Last Tuesday morning, Will woke up early from his nap.  I took the opportunity to shoot some pictures of him in his crib and through the crib slats.  Typically Will wakes up grouchy, but on this particular day, he cooperated with the camera.

79/365:  Spring Mittens

Last Wednesday {supposedly} marked the first day of spring.  It didn't feel very spring-like around here.  In fact, it was so cold that I had to wear mittens on my drive to school.  As much as I adore my mittens, I despise the fact that I had to wear them on the first day of spring. 

80/365:  In the Laundry Basket

Here's another "After Nap time" shot!  Maddie naps in a Pack n' Play in our room.  Everyday, shortly before 11, I head upstairs and into our bedroom to begin getting ready for school.  Usually, Maddie is either awake when I open the bedroom door, or wakes up when she hears me come in the room.  So, while I get dressed, Maddie plays in the Pack n' Play or on the bedroom floor.  I ask her for her opinions on outfits, and she babbles a response back to me.  After getting dressed on Thursday, we had some time to spare before we had to head back downstairs, so I put a blanket in the empty laundry basket, threw Maddie on top, and pushed her back and forth around the room.  We stopped to take a few pictures.  Unlike Will, Maddie typically wakes up happy and full of smiles! 

81/365:  Jackpot!

Although we have closed and locked the French doors between the living room and den, Maddie and Will STILL manage to make their way into the den.  They've recently discovered that the ottomans that sit in front of the love seat open to reveal the stuffed animals and blankets stored inside of them.  They work together to pull out every single stuffed animal.  When the ottoman is empty, their work is done!

82/365:  Happy Walker

Will is a pro at using his walker to cross the living room, but now he takes his walker on strolls throughout the house!  The hardwood floors have proven to be a bit slicker than the carpeting, which means that Will needs to move a lot faster to keep up with the walker in the hallway and kitchen!  He was coming down the hallway towards me when I snapped this picture of him grinning from ear to ear!  He's *this* close to walking on his own!

83/365:  Bunny Butt

With special outfits picked out to wear on Easter Sunday, Maddie and Will wore their "casual" Easter outfits last Sunday.  Maddie quickly stained the front of her pants with a loose blueberry, but the back of her pants remained adorable! 

84/365:  Signs of Spring

I got together with my craft club friends last night to make these spring/summer wooden block signs.  My finished craft is the one on the far right.  It was easy and inexpensive to create! If you'd like to make your own, you can order a kit here.   It now brightens our kitchen! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment