Monday, March 11, 2013

Project 365: Week Ten

One of the members of the Project 365 group recently asked the rest of us if anyone else was struggling with taking a photo each and every day.  Although some days are more challenging than others, it is now such a habit to take a photo every day that I've become much less likely to forget to take a picture than I was at the beginning of the year.  I don't always love the pictures that I choose as my daily submissions to the Project, but at least I'm able to post one every day.  I'd rather take pictures, edit them, and post them than many other tasks.  At the moment, for example, I'm avoiding report cards.  Who wants to write report card comments when there are pictures like the following to write about?

64/365:  On the Move

He's showing the signs of being able to walk soon, but in the meantime, Will moves quickly around the house on his hands and knees.  He moves especially fast for food and games of chase!

65/365:  Drumming on Bowls

The long days of winter have forced us to get creative in entertaining the twins.  We have brought mixing bowls, spoons, and spatulas out on a few occasions.  They keep them busy and happy for a few minutes before they're ready to move on to the next activity.

66/365:  Little Tootsies

Maddie has perfect little baby feet and toes, but she rarely keeps her legs and feet still enough for me to photograph them.  I was only able to get this picture because she slowed down just long enough to take a few gulps from her bottle before climbing out of her seat to return to her play.  She's taken to drinking her bottles in shifts, taking sips between play periods. 

67/365:  Through the Glass

Unless the twins can remember the television shows that I watched when they were just a few months old (and let's hope not!), Maddie and Will only know the television for news and sports programming.  However, they're still attracted to it.  I often need to turn it off during breakfast because Will can't tear his eyes away from Savannah Guthrie and Natalie Morales.  In the picture above, Will was sneaking a peek at The Today Show through the French doors between the living room and den. 

68/365:  Dog Cake

Our forever furbaby, Bailey, will turn 9 years old this week, but with Jim out of town on Bailey's birthday, we decided to celebrate Bailey's birthday on Saturday.  Bailey celebrated his big day with cake and ice cream from the Petlicious Dog Bakery, of course.  Bailey's cake even came with a candle and singing this year!

69/365:  Showing Off for Grandma

On Sunday, Grandma came over to spend the afternoon with us.  Maddie and Will hadn't seen their Grandma C. since late January, and had LOTS to catch her up on!  They were each busy showing their new "tricks" to their grandma.  Maddie clapped and danced, raised her arms in the air to show Grandma that she is "So Big", and said "Mama" a number of times.  Will showed Grandma that he, too, is "So Big"!   Will then knocked Grandma's socks off by walking around the room using his walker for support. 

70/365:  Looking for Spring

I think Will and Maddie are just as tired of winter as I am.  They're ready to get outside and join the world that they look out on each day.  Both Maddie and Will love to stand at the living room windows and look out onto the front yard, seemingly longing to go outside and play in it.  Someday soon, little ones, someday soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment