Monday, April 15, 2013

Project 365: Week Fifteen


Today marked the 105th day of 2013, and for me, the 105th consecutive day of taking a daily photo.  After 15 weeks of documenting life through the perspective of my camera lens, I would like to think that my photography skills have improved.  I know that I still have a lot to learn - my brother gave me a few photography tips yesterday, but I definitely see improvement in the pictures that I have taken recently over those taken a few months ago.  I now shoot mostly in manual, though I must admit that I do still use the "Sports" setting on the camera to quickly capture moments that I am too slow to catch in manual mode.  I find that I still have to play with the settings in manual to find what works best; I hope that someday it will come more quickly and naturally to me. 
 

I didn't veer too far outside my "comfort zone" in terms of my subject choice this week; most of the pictures are of the kiddos.  Several of this week's pictures center on the twins' birthday party, of course.  And yes, you do see eight pictures below - I couldn't choose just one picture from the twins' Llama Llama party!
 
 
 
99/365:  Bath Baby

This picture was taken in the calm moments before Maddie launched a brutal splash attack on her brother, who was sitting opposite her in the tub.  Not one to like water on his face, you would think that Will would have cried.  But no, he loved it!  He laughed hysterically as Maddie splashed water toward him again and again!   

100/365:  Curiousity

I wish that the 100th day of this project would have featured a better, more exciting picture, but this was as good as it got on Wednesday.  Maddie and Will stop to investigate this floor vent near our patio door at least once a day; here, Will makes his daily visit. 

101/365:  Guess Who's Back?

After battling a nasty cold and a nastier ear infection, Maddie seemed to bounce back to her old self this week.  In fact, it seemed as though she was making up for lost time!  It's good to have our girl back! 

102/365:  "A Present for Me?!?"

When their nanny, Renee, left two birthday presents for the twins near the front door, it didn't take them long to find them!  They both seemed to know that the presents were meant for them, and wasted no time in opening them!

103/365:  Birthday Pancakes

Jim and I spent Saturday night cleaning, decorating, and cooking in preparation for the twins' birthday party on Sunday morning.  Late on Saturday night, Jim whipped up a batch of these birthday pancakes for the twins to enjoy during their party...and enjoy they did!

104/365:  Birthday Girl

It's safe to say that Maddie enjoyed herself at her Llama Llama birthday party!  Our little girl seems to be coming out of her shell a bit in the last few weeks!

104/365:  Birthday Boy

We had a feeling that Will would enjoy his birthday pancakes - the boy likes to eat!  But he ATTACKED his pancakes with enthusiasm, putting on quite the show for all of our guests and leaving behind a BIG mess.  He enjoyed his birthday treat so much that, later, while getting the babies ready for bed, I found SPRINKLES in his diaper!  Now that's a sign of a good party!

105/365:  Balloon Boy

This morning, I put a bunch of birthday balloons on the floor for the babies to explore.  Maddie wasn't interested, but Will was immediately drawn to them.  He wrestled with them for a long time, wildly giggling all the while.  Finally, he became tangled in them, and Mama had to rescue him from the ribbon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment