Monday, April 29, 2013

Project 365: Week Seventeen

With the days growing longer and the sun making its appearance more often than it has in weeks prior, it has become much easier to take photographs indoors.  We can only hope that the sun continues to shine so that we can get outside for some outdoor shots sometime soon! 

This week brought the twins' last stickered onesie pictures, an untimely rash, and a whole lot of fun in spite of two sick and tired babies!

113/365:  For Old Time's Sake

This was a lucky shot - It was nearly bedtime, and I hadn't yet taken my photo of the day.  Will was burning off some excess energy in the Jumperoo when I decided to try capturing him from above.  I took a handful of pictures before catching this one, and knew immediately that I had my shot! 

114/365:  The Last Installment

A week after their first birthday, I subjected the twins to the twelfth and final installment of the stickered onesie photos.  As with many of the monthly photo sessions, our last photo shoot ended with two impatient and irritated babies and one very tired and sweaty photographer.  I think that we were all happy that it was our last one!

115/365:  Hot Mess

I had wanted to post a photograph of the pink full moon on Thursday, but I have yet to learn how to photograph the moon (All of the pictures that I took turned out dark and blurry).  Having taken a set of pictures of the twins in their high chairs earlier in the day, I had to fall back on this picture of Will covered in food.  I wish that I could say that this is unusual for Will to be this messy after a meal, but this is the norm.  Today, I actually had to bathe both him and Maddie after lunch because of all of the food that was stuck to their faces, in their hair, and on their hands! 

116/365:  Not Guilty

I came home on Friday to find Maddie and Will in their "He did it/She did it" onesies.  As I was preparing a bath for them that evening, they stood at the gate outside of their room, screaming and crying with impatience.  It occurred to me then that they looked like two angry inmates, each one pleading innocence to a crime. 

117/365:  Smash Cupcakes

It doesn't seem like all that long ago that I was fumbling my way through making gender reveal cupcakes.  On Saturday, I fumbled my way through decorating two giant smash cupcakes to use during the twins' one year photo shoot the following morning weekend (see picture below).

118/365:  One Year Photo Shoot Cancelled:  Amoxicillin Rash

When Jim and I woke up Maddie and Will to begin getting them ready for their photo shoot, we immediately noticed a rash all over Will's face, neck, arms, and hands.  Taking off his pajamas revealed only more.  He was completely covered!  Knowing that he hadn't been exposed to any new lotions, soaps, or detergents, we wondered if it was a reaction to the antibiotics that he was taking for his ear infections.  Our suspicions were confirmed by the on-call doctor, who agreed that it was a non-allergic side effect to amoxicillin.   Fortunately, Will did not indicate in any way that he was bothered by the rash.  Unfortunately, we had to cancel/reschedule our photo shoot yet again. 

119/365:  Sharing the Step

Home from school on such a beautiful day, I opened up most of our doors and windows to let the fresh air and sunshine in.  For some time, Maddie and Will camped out on the bottom stair in front of the open door and looked out onto the yard and street.  I was telling them how big they looked sitting on the stair together when Maddie began throwing her arms into the air to show just how big she is.  Looking at his picture now, I can't help but wonder how our babies got this big! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment