Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Twelve Months

I still feel as though I'm getting used to the idea that Jim and I are lucky enough to have two beautiful babies, and now, suddenly, those babies are 1 year old!  Looking back at the thousands of pictures that I've taken the last year, I struggle to remember the days and nights that those pictures capture.  For that reason, their birthday was somewhat bittersweet - we were relieved that we had "survived" the first year and excited to celebrate the milestone, but sad to bid farewell to those baby days, for, on April 17th, our "babies" officially became "toddlers".   

This morning I wrangled those two active toddlers, forced them into stickered onesies, and subjected them to one last monthly photo shoot.  I wish that I could say that they cooperated for the final session, but, just as they had for the last several months, Maddie and Will did everything that they could to escape the poses in which I wanted them to stay.  But, being the stubborn person that I am, I continued to force the twins into forces that they resisted until I was able to get most of the pictures that I needed to complete the year-long project.  Can we say therapy?

The twins will be ecstatic to learn that I will no longer make them don stickered onesies and sit still for picture upon picture each month.  Don't get me wrong, though - the camera isn't going anywhere.  As the twins' first year has shown us, time passes too quickly; I must try to continue to capture those moments that are otherwise fleeting.





0 comments:

Post a Comment