Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Project 365: Week Sixteen

The sixteenth week of Project 365 proved to be an eventful one.   The twins' celebrated their first birthday on Wednesday only to fall sick just a few days later, requiring one trip to the doctor and another to urgent care to confirm what we suspected - ear infections.  Fortunately, both Maddie and Will respond well to antibiotics and seem to be making a quick rebound.  And luckily, they were feeling well for both their party and their actual birthday.   PLUS, their one year photo shoot, which was set for Saturday, was rescheduled for next weekend per our photographer's request.  

Looking at the pictures from the week, I realize that if I'm not going to vary the subjects of my photos, I really need to get them out of the house to vary the setting of the pictures!  It would be nice to see a backdrop other than our living room featured in the photos.  I tend to take most pictures on my phone when we're away from home, and those aren't of the highest quality.  I don't know that I'm willing to lug my big DSLR around everywhere we go...unless, of course, I had one of these super cute camera bags to carry it in!  At $250, though, I think I'll be keeping my camera at home for a while!

106/365:  Cloudy Skies

I took Bailey (and my camera) outside for a quick walk around our yard on Tuesday evening.  My attention was quickly pulled upwards to the beautifully cloudy sky. 

107/365:  A Little Light Reading

While her brother and daddy were busy making farting noises (see below), Maddie took a far more serious approach to celebrating her birthday.  She crawled over to the book shelf that houses our books, and pulled down most of my paperback book collection.  She then proceeded to page through such titles as The Kite Runner, The Reader, and Water for Elephants.  Just a little light reading on her birthday.

107/365:  Big Birthday Grin

Will was all smiles on Wednesday afternoon.  That big birthday grin may have had something to do with the fact that, just moments before, he and his daddy were having fun making farting noises together.  Had I taken a picture of Jim's face during this exchange, I would have captured an equally wide smile, which goes to show that making farting noises is funny no matter what your age! 

108/365:  Brown Bear, Brown Bear

I used to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? to the babies nearly every day.  We would all lay on our backs on the floor, with a baby on either side of me.  I would hold the book high above my head so that the babies could see the pictures.  They would kick and babble as I read, taking joy in the bright colors and intriguing shapes of the animals on the pages of the book.  Now, such a stunt would be impossible to recreate; those days, sadly, are long gone.  Maddie and Will don't sit still for stories anymore...unless they are "reading" them on their own, as Maddie was doing here. 

109/365:  "I Wish I Was a Little Bit Taller"

I believe that it is Will's daily mission to make an attempt to get a hold of the remote controls.  He usually succeeds in obtaining at least one of them.  At one time, he would then proceed to put it in his mouth.  Lately, though, as if he knows that he should not have it, Will hands it to me so that I can put it on a shelf that's out of his reach. 

110/365:  Time for a Nap

Maddie has always been one to give away the fact that she is tired.  When she starts rubbing her eyes and tugging at her ears, we know it's time for a nap.  And although she's clearly tired, Maddie usually fights off sleep as best as she can!  The girl needs to work on her poker face. 

111/365:  Active Listener

I don't know what Jim was talking to Will about (or even if he was talking to him at all) on Sunday afternoon, but he had Will's full attention...for 3 seconds, anyways. 

112/365:  My Little Bookworm

Though they don't like to sit still long enough to listen to me read a book to them, both Maddie and Will like to look at books on their own.  Maddie, especially, enjoys browsing through books.  She often retreats to the corner of the living room in which we keep all of their books in a quickly overflowing bin.  In fact, while our guests were leaving their birthday party last weekend, Maddie "disappeared" only to be found in that corner, quietly looking at books.  I love that they love to "read", but I wish that they also didn't love to rip flaps and pages out of books.  I've had to repair quite a few of our books that are the most "loved" lately!

0 comments:

Post a Comment