Monday, April 8, 2013

Project 365: Week Fourteen

Today was the first day back to school after last week's spring break, and I must admit that I was not at all prepared to teach this afternoon!  Before break, I had plans to use the time off to accomplish a long list of tasks.  I'm not sure what I was thinking!  Although I enjoyed my time at home with Maddie and Will last week, there really is no "time off" anymore!  I was only able to make a small dent in my to-do list, and I didn't open my school bag once! 

Past spring breaks would have found me either at home furiously knocking item after item off a list of chores and errands or resting and relaxing in the tropical sun while at an all-inclusive resort or on a luxury cruise.  Oh, how my pictures would have differed from the photos taken during this year's spring break!  To make matters worse, the twins were both sick with a cold, and Maddie developed her first ear infection!

Don't get me wrong - I loved having the "time off" with Maddie and Will; it was just a different spring break than I ever experienced before! 

92/365:  Poor Baby

After Will caught the cold that I brought home from school, it was only a matter of time before Maddie came down with it, too.  While Will was at his worst on Easter Sunday, the cold seemed to hit Maddie the hardest on Tuesday night.  I decided to take the twins to the doctor the following morning, when Maddie was just plain miserable. 

93/365:  MISTer Frog

We worked MISTer Frog to the bone last week as we tried to help Maddie and Will kick their colds to the curb!  There isn't much to do to help little ones feel better, but we tried everything that we could to help Maddie and Will feel more comfortable - the humidifier, the inclined mattresses, and the extra hugs and snuggles.  It is now several days later, and it seems as though both babies are back to their old selves (although they still have lots of boogers leaking out of their noses!). 

94/365:  Not Too Sick to Build!

Maddie seemed to start feeling better as soon as she had taken a couple doses of antibiotics.  Still, all sorts of slime was oozing from her nose, she had boogers in her hair, and she was plagued by a smoker's cough.  None of that seemed to bother her as she built with blocks on Thursday morning.  Maddie is beginning to understand how to put blocks together, and has succeeded in designing a few towers all on her own!  When she fits two blocks together, she often sits back with pride for a moment before continuing with the building of her tower.  She most definitely has a future in engineering...or construction work.

95/365:  "Pick Me Up, Mama!"

Both twins, but Will especially, have been pulling themselves up on Jim and me and "begging" to be picked up and held, refusing to let go of our legs until we do.  On Friday morning, Will had my legs in a tight hold, forcing me to pick him up...after I took a couple pictures!

96/365:  Party Prep

With the twins' first birthday party fast approaching, the party preparations are in full swing around here!  I've been busy planning the menu, creating and preparing decorations and favors, and buying gifts!  The twins' "Llama Llama" birthday party is planned for this Sunday!  We can't wait to celebrate the twins' big day with our family!

97/365:  Daddy's Girl

Maddie has a soft spot in her heart for her daddy.  After spending most of the week alone with her, though, I thought that I was winning her favor.  She was reaching out for me and clinging me to me like she rarely does.  Once the weekend rolled around, though, I became chopped liver as Maddie abandoned me in favor of her daddy once again!  I must admit that it hurts a little bit when she reaches out for her daddy when I'm holding her!  At least I'll always have my Mama's Boy! 

98/365:  Play Ball!

Maddie and Will received Brewers baseball caps as gifts shortly after they were born.  Although they are marked as newborn hats, they were WAY too big on them as newborns.  We recently unearthed the caps from the closet and found that they now fit the twins perfectly!  Neither Maddie nor Will will allow the caps to remain on their heads for very long, but we have found that Will, like Bailey, will do anything for "treats" (Gerber Yogurt Melts).  As long as he gets the treat that he is promised, Will will wear a hat and pose for the camera.  After doing just that for the photo above, he got his treat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment